thoughts on EBEL ?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: thoughts on EBEL ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question thoughts on EBEL ?

Hi everyone

So I was wondering what are peoples thoughts on EBEL as a brand ? I noticed that this brand does not have its own sub-section on this forum.....does that mean its not a quality/ recognised brand ? is it considered high end and if so which other brand are they comparable to.....

I believe they make both mechanical and quartz, for men and women yet there do not seem to be many/or no threads on this brand. The reason I ask is that I saw a EBEL wave classic for women that I quite liked. I prefer quartz watches and don't want to turn this into a Quartz V Mechanical debate as i usually just go for aesthetics rather than whats inside the watch, As long as its from a reputable company and good quality

Your opinions and thoughts please.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Sheena098; January 8th, 2013 at 00:33.

Re: thoughts on EBEL ?

I was never a fan of the Sportwave, but the rest I liked. Do a search, there's a lot written on them.

Jewelry, not much more. Another overpriced Movado group brand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    I was never a fan of the Sportwave, but the rest I liked. Do a search, there's a lot written on them.
    Thanks for the reply, i think the sport wave maybe a slightly different model the one i was referring to is below. it is listed as the classic wave ....seems like they are not very popular. maybe more of a fashion brand although i wasnt thinking of them in that way. anybody else ?

Last edited by Sheena098; January 8th, 2013 at 00:14.

The Classic Wave is indeed different to the Sportwave. The Classic Wave is a very beautiful design and has been Ebel's signature model for many years. The quality is excellent.
    There is, however, one major drawback - the case back is not screwed on like on most other models. It is a one-piece case and the movement must be accessed through the crystal. This can make a simple battery change quite expensive, unless you're very friendly with your local watchmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    The Classic Wave is indeed different to the Sportwave. The Classic Wave is a very beautiful design and has been Ebel's signature model for many years. The quality is excellent.
    There is, however, one major drawback - the case back is not screwed on like on most other models. It is a one-piece case and the movement must be accessed through the crystal. This can make a simple battery change quite expensive, unless you're very friendly with your local watchmaker.

ahhh very interesting, thanks for that little gem of info. If i did buy one i would be sending it back to ebel for the battery change as i would not know where else to get it done. When you say expensive i assume you mean maybe double or more of what i would pay for regular battery change and reseal ?

I would say easily more than double. Perhaps email a service center and ask for an estimate. You could also do a google search using terms like 'ebel classic wave battery change' and see if others have reported experiences and costs involved.

Thanks for that :)

Yep, 'pop-tops' can be a pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post

The "snob-wannabes" get their noses hung-up in the sprinkler heads over them.
    RBrylawski likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information