Thoughts on Ecko
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Swingline888

Thread: Thoughts on Ecko

Thoughts on Ecko

Hi guys. New to the forum. I found this site while trying to do some research on Invicta watches. I found a bunch of useful info on them but then started to look for Ecko to try and see what people thought about them and didnt find so much. I have 2 echo's that I wear frequently and like them but I wanted to get the opinions of people that actually know about watches. Are they a quality watch? Also, most of the stuff I read about Invicta was bad but I still wanted to get some opinions on this set up.
    Invicta Pro Diver Sport Watch with Collector's Case* - Sam's Club=

I saw it at my local Sams today and was interested but I have never owned an Invicta and was weary. It is on sale for $99. They say the MSRP is $465 which I know is inflated but did they really inflate it that much? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by k_allison510; December 1st, 2011 at 09:23.

Re: Thoughts on Ecko

I would advise against the Invicta. Especially for $400. There are way better watches out there at that range. Ecko is a fashion brand so I would think that their watches aren't really that great, I didn't even know they made watches. I could give you a ton of other suggestions if I knew what you were looking for. What style? A diver like the Invicta? Quartz or mechanical? What's your price limit? Give a couple guidelines and we can make some suggestions for you.

Hope that helps a little!
    CitizenM likes this.

Respectfully, Invicta is garbage. It's a cheap watch, with a cheap movement, probably $20 in materials cost, built with cheap labor, then marked up astronomically. There is no way an Invicta is worth $450.

Look to other brands, brands that use true in-house movements, build quality watches meant to last, and come from a house/manufacturer who knows what they are doing. There are lots and lots of posts here and in the affordable watch forum where you can get good suggestions. Seiko is one good brand -- they are not the cheap digital watch most people in North America believe them to be. Seiko craft fine affordable watches that are built to last, and their Grand Seiko spring drive watches are amazing timepieces with big price tags.

You could also get a Citizen -- in fact I was asking people in the Seiko forum for some recs -- or one of my favorites Lum Tec, love their watches. So get some recs on good companies who take care in designing their watches, use better materials, and are superior in every way to Invicta. Avoid "fashion" watches, they are garbage.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Metals View Post
    Respectfully, Invicta is garbage. It's a cheap watch, with a cheap movement, probably $20 in materials cost, built with cheap labor, then marked up astronomically. There is no way an Invicta is worth $450.

Look to other brands, brands that use true in-house movements, build quality watches meant to last, and come from a house/manufacturer who knows what they are doing. There are lots and lots of posts here and in the affordable watch forum where you can get good suggestions. Seiko is one good brand -- they are not the cheap digital watch most people in North America believe them to be. Seiko craft fine affordable watches that are built to last, and their Grand Seiko spring drive watches are amazing timepieces with big price tags.

You could also get a Citizen -- in fact I was asking people in the Seiko forum for some recs -- or one of my favorites Lum Tec, love their watches. So get some recs on good companies who take care in designing their watches, use better materials, and are superior in every way to Invicta. Avoid "fashion" watches, they are garbage.
    Well said.

Thanks for the replys. The only real reason that I liked it was the case. I didnt think $100 was to bad a deal for it but that was before I started doing the research on the brand. Probably going to pass on that. I dont plan on buying any more ecko's but I will give credit when it is due. My first one is about 4 years old and worn almost everyday with occasional bumps and drops and have never had any problems with them. I got mine on closeout but now they dont seem to put them on sale anymore and they are a bit pricey which is what started my search for a new brand to begin with. Thanks again

Eckos, as well as other fashion watches, are more or less fashion accessories and are basically produced in order to achieve a certain "look" that jives with the fashion designer's line. You won't find many, if any, fans here, as these watches are usually basic complications of a quartz variety, and are not of any interest to a watch collector or enthusiast. This is not to say that your watch will fall apart, or it won't last for several years. Think of a fashion watch more as "costume jewelery" , and a fine watch as "fine jewelery".

If you want to spend little money for a quality watch look at Seiko (in particular the Seiko 5 line), Orient (the Mako diver will blow any Invicta away), or even a Timex (the new intelligent quartz watches are nice). All much better choices than an Invicta or any fashion watch.

Ok. So I am pretty much re-learning everything I thought I knew about watches. So I went today and saw some seiko's. In the same case there were some bulova's and some movado's and a cheaper croton which I have never heard of. I have heard of the other 2 but have no experience with them at all. How do these compare to the seiko's? Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by k_allison510 View Post
    Ok. So I am pretty much re-learning everything I thought I knew about watches. So I went today and saw some seiko's. In the same case there were some bulova's and some movado's and a cheaper croton which I have never heard of. I have heard of the other 2 but have no experience with them at all. How do these compare to the seiko's? Thanks again
    Seikos are going to be far superior to the others. Did you look at quartz Seikos or mechanical Seikos? In other words, did the second hand tick once per second, or did it move smoothly around the dial?

They were all quartz and all around $150 to $200. They just happened to catch my eye today while out x-mas shopping and wanted to see what you guys thought on the other brands.

Thread Information