Thoughts on these English made watches?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Thoughts on these English made watches?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on these English made watches?

Premier Watch Range | Ready to Wear Watches by Harold ld Pincbeck

Anyone have had experience with those? The mid-range one looks classy, the "Quartz" feature is a bit disappointing though.
    My major question is wondering if they are over-priced as most other British merchandises.

Thanks ahead for the input.

Re: Thoughts on these English made watches?

I'm concerned that they offer both a lifetime guarantee and a 5 year guarantee. They obviously don't think I'll reach my 40th birthday!
    German: Junghans Meister Chronoscope | Nomos Tangente | Stowa Exima ETA & PUW 560
    Others: Accurist World Time Chronograph | Mondaine solar powered | Omega Seamaster 'Calypso' | Orient Blue Mako | Orient CVZ0001B ana-digi | Reena WeatherMaster VII

Free service and repair if anything goes wrong in the first 5 years, lifetime guarantee as long as you send it to them for service every three years.

"We are proud of the supreme workmanship of every watch we make, which is why we provide an unconditional 5 year guarantee of quality, craftsmanship and accuracy. If any aspect of the watch performs less than perfectly, simply return it to us for a free service.

When you buy a Harold Pinchbeck Bespoke Collection wristwatch, we guarantee the movement's mechanical performance for your lifetime.

The only condition to this warranty is that you return the watch to us for a professional service at least every three years. In fact, your watch's first service will be completely free: we will write to you after three years to remind you. Although subsequent servicing will be chargeable, it will contribute to your watch's long life through cleaning, lubrication, replacement of any worn parts, regulation and full testing."
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the fact they are made (assembled) in England and I really like the custom engraved rehaut. As for the watches? Nice looking, classically styled, but not quite enough to tempt me.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414047068.982062.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  55.1 KB
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

I wonder how much their service every three years that is necessary for you to take advantage of the lifetime warranty will cost you.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

No experience with them and it might be hard to find an owner. I have come across them and checked them out before. I find them quite attractive though it's true they are not cheap if you compare the specs with many other brands (for example Chris Ward Malvern C5 quartz & automatic). I guess it depends how much you are prepared to pay for the designs, and the exclusivity.

The quartz models tend to have mineral glass which isn't too great.

Their customers seem happy though:

"The watch came and he has it on his wrist... loves it. You'll be happy to know
    he had a Rolex and has since sold it - just up and got rid of it thanks to your timepiece. Thanks again for your efforts"... Chris, USA.
    geoffbot likes this.
    German: Junghans Meister Chronoscope | Nomos Tangente | Stowa Exima ETA & PUW 560
    Others: Accurist World Time Chronograph | Mondaine solar powered | Omega Seamaster 'Calypso' | Orient Blue Mako | Orient CVZ0001B ana-digi | Reena WeatherMaster VII

Yeah the cheapest quartz has a mineral glass. Nice straps and box though.

I don't really care where my watch is made - I'm sure most Swiss watches are assembled in China anyway. They don't appeal aesthetically but they're not hideous.

However, they have a gift wrapping service?! Sold.

Inactive

The designs are pretty unremarkable, but I think the point of the set-up is that you're buying the company first, and people who want the warm reassurance that they'll have a long-term relationship with the local manufacturer are likely to opt for very conservative designs.

In provincial England, there's a definite longing for the kind of old-fashioned qualities that this company provides. I'm surprised that that nebulous longing transfers into sufficient sales to make the company viable.

Is this the least WISsy watch company going?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast