Thoughts on the Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Thoughts on the Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on the Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar

Hi,

I recently saw a review of the Tissot T-touch Expert Solar by Ariel Adams, and I must say, I instantly fell in love With the watch. I just simply love the Whole concept of a touch watch (without it being a smart watch). So I went to the nearest Tissot AD, and I fell even more in love With it, just pressing on he screen, seeing the hands move in the speed they do (they are really fast) was simly amazing to me. So I've started to save up some Money for the beauty. But I would still love to hear what other People think of it. So is there anyone on, Wathuseek that's had some experince With it? even though I do love it, I don't want to buy something that won't last me some good years, I've seen someone complaining that it breaks super fast, and that there's better options out there, so I Guess my question is, are there better otions out there for a similar watch? And the price surprised me, 920 dollars. It's actually cheaper to buy it from an AD back here in Norway, then it is to buy it on the internet.

I appreciate all opinions. And would love to see what you people think of it.
    Using Tapatalk

Re: Thoughts on the Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar

I have couple of the older generation T-touches, Titanium with the carbon dial and the sea touch, both a pretty cool watches, accuracy is a bit off sometimes, but cool and fun watch regardless. love the touch screen. am sure you will feel the same when you receive yours.

I have both a first generation T-Touch and a Solar. My Solar is now 4 months old and it has never missed a beat or the charge meter gone lower than max notwithstanding the winter season.

Name:  CIMG3950a.jpg
Views: 4070
Size:  120.5 KB

My experience with both watches has ben very good but I have to admit that nowadays I lead a sheltered life and the only real danger for my watchs comes from doorjambs.

If I have a criticism for the Solar it is that it does too many things so its operation is somewhat complicate to remember. This bearing in mind that my habit is to wear a different watch every day. In case the Solar is used continuously the owner will probably master its many modes and functions.

Personally I have developed a simple yardstick to measure my liking of a watch: 'In case I lost it would I buy another one?' The answer for the Solar is yes.
    Alan From New York likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for the answer, and I love they way you rate your watches. I currently only have one watch and I would cetainly get a New one if I lost it, the solar will be my second watch, so I'll get quite some time to learn all of the functions.
    Using Tapatalk

They are great watches with good quality and reliability for their price range.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I tried the Titanium one several times but despite owning several titanium watches I found I just couldn't get over the weight of it. Its styling and functionality were such that I tried several times to like it but the weight issue won out in the end.

I recently got the titanium bracelet version with the black bezel & pushers, and I'm loving it. I have tiny wrists (5.5"/14.5cm), so I hadn't considered the large watches that seem to be so prevalent these days. Then I saw this watch and immediately liked it, but I didn't think it would fit me until I tried it with all the removable links out - and to my surprise it turned out to fit well and I find it really comfortable.

Until now I've been happy with a Breitling Aerospace, which is literally half the size and weight, but I've grown attached to the T-Touch Solar - and it doesn't snag my shirt cuffs, which the Aerospace bezel riders regularly do. Plus, the bracelet has an extension feature for wearing over clothing, wetsuit, gauntlets, etc., which is handy when trekking or jogging in cold weather.

Unexpected favourite feature - the 'Meteo' (barometer). I find myself checking this quite often to see which way the weather's going; it works quite well.

Odd/annoying feature - the Timer feature runs up to 99 days(!), and the days setting is first. I'm not used to having to skip the days setting before setting hours & minutes, so I often increment the days by mistake, which is a pain.

I wanted to love it, but the midget hands ruined it for me after seeing the longer skeleton hands on the prototype. If the hour hand is that small why even have it? Maybe it should just be a digital watch.

Check out the hands on the Omega. Stretch those hands out make them skeleton and you've got a winner.

Robotaz likes this.

And it finally happened!! I now have the T-Touch Expert Solar (got it yesterday for 840 USD from an AD) and so far I love it, I need to calibrate the altimeter a little better but other than that, it's Perfect. It's such a fun watch. But when I got home and bedtime came, I decided too put the watch in it's Box, easier said than done. The Box is too small for the watch to sit on it's pillow, it's just impossible too Close it.
    And I also have another problem, what atchhol wear? I love my Omega SeaMaster, but the Tissot is so much fun to use. Well, I have two hands.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I wanted to love it, but the midget hands ruined it for me after seeing the longer skeleton hands on the prototype. If the hour hand is that small why even have it? Maybe it should just be a digital watch.

Check out the hands on the Omega. Stretch those hands out make them skeleton and you've got a winner.

They look a tad bit short to me too. Just seen pictures though. Any other owners feel the same?
    kev
    Last edited by bugeyed; April 6th, 2015 at 15:49.
    I just think that things should work the way I expect them to.
    Conroe, Texas

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information