I didn't think I would go for this given my concerns about Chrono24 being like a Craiglist/eBay for watches, but as they say, buy the seller. And the seller really didn't get better with over 20 reviews that were all excellent and extremely forthcoming.

I remember fond memories of watching this cartoon series when I was pre-K, though looking back it's quite obvious I didn't quite get how dark the story was back then. I'll have to look into this series again. For those who don't know, google Galaxy Express 999.

It's also my first "used" watch in years, though the condition it came in basically was NOS given the lack of wear on the watch and by the owner. Even my watchmaker thought it was NOS when he first saw it. I couldn't pass it up with the condition and the extremely good price. I'll probably take more and better pictures of it later hopefully with the Apollo 8 DSotM when it comes in (looks like next month at this rate) and probably with all the other Speedmasters and Omegas I now have. Up to 4 Speedys with this one and a 5th with the DSotM comes in. Right now though, it's at the watchmaker's for a lube job.

Current Speedmasters

Incoming Speedmasters

The "other" Omegas
1960's Constellation that I can't find an exact model number for.

I think I've got a few too many Omegas . . .