WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tiger 5508 custom : a Rolex Submariner 6538 homage

12K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  Rolexini 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, here is a Rolex Sean Connery Sub 6538 homage. It is a Tiger 5508 with gold mercedes hands and a white second hand. The movement is an Miyota 9015 -smooth movement nearly rolex one-, it is customize with a red triangle a 12 o'clock. There are 4 curves gold lines like the Tudor Sub.
Really good quality and very good result, of course not like a Rolex but like a seiko 55. The diver Tiger watch got an anti scratch sapphyre dome glass and a big crown.

#6 ·
U think what U want I don't care about that. Got Rolex, Breitling, MKII, Omega, Oris Seiko.... I am a collector. I van spend 60000€ or 150$ for a watch that I like and want to get. So for me when the watch is all that I want I get it. But -of course- not fake (replica with Rolex or whatever label). I love change. And it's not a shame to wear an homage watch like Tiger, MKII or Trident.

#8 ·
U think what U want I don't care about that. Got Rolex, Breitling, MKII, Omega, Oris Seiko.... I am a collector. I van spend 60000€ or 150$ for a watch that I like and want to get. So for me when the watch is all that I want I get it. But -of course- not fake (replica with Rolex or whatever label). I love change. And it's not a shame to wear an homage watch like Tiger, MKII or Trident.
K.

#9 ·
Look-alike\copy\knockoff <> Homage. Glanced at their site - every single watch they produce is a knockoff, not one original design available.
Is it a Tiger or a Dragon?
And why put 200m/660ft on the dial, when the website says:
"Watch is water resistant only, not recommand for swimming or diving!"
Marine diver with water resistant only - pass....

#14 ·
Marine diver with water resistant only - pass....
That got me chuckling. It must be the first diver watch allergic to water.

#10 ·
Heh, that's pretty hilarious. I dunno, for me a watch starts to become "fake" when it's got things on the dial that aren't correct. Obviously, a fake brand name can be one of those things, but a fake depth rating just to look like a more impressive watch starts to get awfully close to "no longer an homage" territory for me. An homage is by definition at least an honest copy.

#13 ·
The Tiger brand is a really good quality and a really honest watch (movement, glass... Strap and price for every day wearing). It' s a personal custom Rolex homage for me like my vintage european yema diver watch. It's look like but it's not..for sure...and so what !! The watch is beautiful that's it.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Font

#15 ·
Something to keep in mind young man,

Knockoff + lipstick + delusion = homage.
The Tiger brand is a really good quality and a really honest watch (movement, glass... Strap and price for every day wearing). It' s a personal custom Rolex homage for me like my vintage european yema diver watch. It's look like but it's not..for sure...and so what !! The watch is beautiful that's it.

View attachment 6168794

#21 ·
#31 ·
Hey, no problem with your homage. Heck, I say go all the way!!

A new Lamborghini homage just for taking...............

your homage girlfriend........

on a date for a homage dinner......

and then taking her to your homage bachelor pad.

Oh yeah, when you are getting dressed up for your date, don't forget to homage-ify yourself with this handy accessory;

#32 ·
Lol this post got me in tears! Ahahah... LMAO!!!!!!!!

Come on, at least the guy has a Tudor 79220n, that's a good timepiece!

#35 ·
Good job. Mate. Lol [emoji106][emoji2]
glad you have a sense of humor!

Actually, I'm a bit conflicted on these sorts of watches. It's not copying a current model or even a recent watch. Also, most people will never see the "real deal" and the prices can get prohibitive so part of me thinks it's OK. But then the other part of me (the homage hating part) believes it's still ripping off somebodies intellectual property. In the end I really don't pass judgement on this type of homage, I wouldn't wear one but if someone else does it's all right with me. But I'd rather wear the Tudor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.