The Time 4A Pint Podcast #24: Enabled Through Instagram, with Nathan
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Time 4A Pint Podcast #24: Enabled Through Instagram, with Nathan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Time 4A Pint Podcast #24: Enabled Through Instagram, with Nathan

Welcome to Episode 24 of the Time 4A Pint Podcast - this week we dragged ourselves off the sofa, got dosed up on cold and flu remedies, and headed out to meet Nathan, who like us was valiantly fighting a serious case of man-flu. And, very much like us, spends hours looking at shiny time keeping devices on Instagram.

After discovering the shear volume of watch pictures being shared by collectors, dealers, and enablers alike, Nathan's collecting turned from fashion brands, to an eclectic, but well appointed selection of timepieces old, and new, that appeal to him. Great Stuff.

Apologies for the extra nasal audio, but as the saying goes "the show must go on".

Name:  RadoCaptainCook.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  1.09 MB

Watches on the week's episode:

• Rolex Submariner 14060M
    • Rado Captain Cook LE Ref. 01.763.0500.3.130
    • Jacques Monnat Chronograph (Valjoux 7736)
    • Breitling Sprint Chronograph Ref. 2010 aka. Bowtie/Zorro (Valjoux 7733)
    • Wittnauer Professional Chronograph Ref. 7004A (Landeron 248)
    • Citizen Homer Date

Listen Now
    Last edited by TyrantLizardRex; October 8th, 2017 at 12:42.

Re: The Time 4A Pint Podcast #24: Battling Man Flu and Talking Watches with Nathan

Latest episode loaded for tonight's run and this time I checked out the photos ahead of time. I'm definitely curious about the Wittnauer because that looks like something I'd buy in a heartbeat and yet I'm not the biggest fan of Chronos.
    TyrantLizardRex likes this.
    Wear that which you feel is groovy, get down with your bad self, and shake your money maker if it makes sense for you to do so.

Re: The Time 4A Pint Podcast #24: Battling Man Flu and Talking Watches with Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by DocScotter View Post
    Latest episode loaded for tonight's run and this time I checked out the photos ahead of time. I'm definitely curious about the Wittnauer because that looks like something I'd buy in a heartbeat and yet I'm not the biggest fan of Chronos.
    The Wittnauer is a really pretty thing... totally suckered in by the burgundy... then I went and looked at prices... phew... missed that boat it seems. :O

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLizardRex View Post
    The Wittnauer is a really pretty thing... totally suckered in by the burgundy... then I went and looked at prices... phew... missed that boat it seems. :O
    Yeah, I thought that the bezel was very reminiscent of the Longines 1967 Heritage Diver (or the original upon which it is based) so I wasn't that surprised upon listening to the connection between Wittnaurer and Longines. Incidentally, I feel so late to the game in regards to vintage watches that I've pretty much stopped trying. There are plenty of new watches in just about every price catagory to focus my interest and time upon.

I too tried on the Captain Cook at a Tienda here in Fish Taco Land and thought it looked great on the wrist.
    Name:  RadoCaptCook.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  376.5 KB
    Wear that which you feel is groovy, get down with your bad self, and shake your money maker if it makes sense for you to do so.

Oh, and I agree that the crown is a little small and difficult to manipulate.

Re: The Time 4A Pint Podcast #24: Enabled Through Instagram, with Nathan

The 7733 is a worthless and overpriced movement, the lemania 1873 is better regarding construction, finish and durability.
    Last edited by georges zaslavsky; October 9th, 2017 at 11:55.
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Quote Originally Posted by georges zaslavsky View Post
    The 7733 is a worthless and overpriced movement, the lemania 1873 is better regarding construction, finish and durability.
    Blimey Georges, don't hide your feelings!

I think saying that any watch that someone enjoys wearing and owning is "worthless" because of the movement inside is a rather daft statement.

You, after all, cannot alter which movement a manufacturer put into their watch.

Would it not be fairer to say, that in your opinion, that watches containing the valjoux 7733, are overpriced, and that money would be better spent on a watch containing an 1873?

I hold no opinion either way, but am left feeling that if the person is happy with the watch they have, at the price they paid, than that's all that really matters.

What's the difference between FLU and MAN-FLU.....What happens if your wife gets the flu, what's that called...

Welcome to Episode 24 of the Time 4A Pint Podcast - this week we dragged ourselves off the sofa, got dosed up on cold and flu remedies, and headed out to meet Nathan, who like us was valiantly fighting a serious case of man-flu. And, very much like us, spends hours looking at shiny time keeping devices on Instagram.

After discovering the shear volume of watch pictures being shared by collectors, dealers, and enablers alike, Nathan's collecting turned from fashion brands, to an eclectic, but well appointed selection of timepieces old, and new, that appeal to him. Great Stuff.

Apologies for the extra nasal audio, but as the saying goes "the show must go on".

Name:  RadoCaptainCook.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  1.09 MB

Watches on the week's episode:

• Rolex Submariner 14060M
    • Rado Captain Cook LE Ref. 01.763.0500.3.130
    • Jacques Monnat Chronograph (Valjoux 7736)
    • Breitling Sprint Chronograph Ref. 2010 aka. Bowtie/Zorro (Valjoux 7733)
    • Wittnauer Professional Chronograph Ref. 7004A (Landeron 248)
    • Citizen Homer Date

Listen Now
    Lee Rappeport

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

PREVIOUSLY OWNED

Glycine Vacuum, Glycine Observer (2), Glycine Power reserve DLC, Rolex sub no date(1967), Rolex sub Chronometer movement, Bulova Accutron RR edition,
    Seiko Orange monster, IWC 38mm Pilot, Chronoswiss Kairos SS, Steinhart O1V, Oris BC3, Oris triple complication, Tissot Sea Star, MK II Seafighter, Seiko SNKF11, Steinhart Ocean 44, Steinhart Ocean Black GMT, Seiko SRP 777 TURTLE, Seiko SUN045 50th Anniversary Kinetic.

CURRENTLY OWN

Hamilton Barton (circa 1951), Seiko SBBN035 TUNA, and a $5.00 quartz watch.....

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPER79 View Post
    What's the difference between FLU and MAN-FLU.....What happens if your wife gets the flu, what's that called...

Man-Flu might be a specifically British term, and does not refer to actual Flu, but a cold... that a man has, and then acts like he is dying... symptoms may include, a slightly runny nose, a mild headache, a marginally elevated temperature, and an inability to move off of the couch without moaning.

As a man, I feel I can safely make fun on myself and my own gender for being ridiculous (I'm calling myself ridiculous too here... in full knowledge).

When anyone has actual Flu, male, or female, that would be... Flu.

Would it not be fairer to say, that in your opinion, that watches containing the valjoux 7733, are overpriced, and that money would be better spent on a watch containing an 1873?

I hold no opinion either way, but am left feeling that if the person is happy with the watch they have, at the price they paid, than that's all that really matters.
    I agree. However the 7733 was an economical movement from valjoux and was nothing comparable to its column wheel predecessors and quality, accuracy and reliability wise the lemania beats it. However what bugs me are the prices seen lately on the 7733 and 7736 chronos.
    Last edited by georges zaslavsky; October 10th, 2017 at 02:10.
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information