Timex Easy-Reader: Quintessential traditional watch
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Timex Easy-Reader: Quintessential traditional watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Timex Easy-Reader: Quintessential traditional watch

Personally, I think the Easy-Reader line of Timex, and other watches of similar size, are the ideal basic, no frills watch. Anything more expensive seems a little pretentious (as far as basic timepieces with no other features). They are one of the most accessible watches also, since you can find them at any WalMart for around twenty dollars.

Worn by people from all walks of life. Not exactly a sport watch, although they could be used for almost any activity due to their simple durability. (Even the gold models seem casual). Not exactly a dress watch, although they could pass for that as well.

Any other fans of this line of watches?

avusblue likes this.
    ShockMister

Re: Timex Easy-Reader: Quintessential traditional watch

I like that look, that's why I bought this mechanical hand wind a while back.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dualtime View Post
    I like that look, that's why I bought this mechanical hand wind a while back.

That's a great watch. I love the case style.
    ShockMister

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Love any kind of Timex!
    G-Shock Frogman GWF-D1000B
    G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400
    G-Shock Mudmaster GWG1000-1A3
    G-Shock Rangeman GPS 35th anniversary Magma Ocean GPR-1JR

I have lots of Timex watches. I have several of the easy readers. I love them all.
    cottontop

Well, no. I can appreciate the easy to read dial- certainly more and more everyday. My dad had one, I think it's here in the house somewhere. But personally, I'd never get the sense of enjoyment from one of these watches that I do with watches counting a lot more. Call me a snob if you want (snob!) but I like to have some things in my life that are truly beautiful and well-made. And while I don't think you need to spend a fortune to get there, I do think aesthetics and design and craft matter, and I don't really see that in any of the Timex watches. I do like some of the Hamiltons- or rather the vintage Hamiltons. Vintage military watches are clean and unpretentious and that's great.

It's weird. I drive a ten year old Toyota Corolla (got it from my mother when she passed...) I don't think anything about driving that- in fact my next car will be a little Toyota Yaris or 4 cylinder truck. But in spite of those cars not costing much, I think they're well-made for what they are- maybe like you guys and Timex. I totally understand that, I just don't like their aesthetic. And I do like simple watches, always liked the vintage explorers. Decided to go another route however and now own two IWC Mark XVI's. Simple and elegant. Can't get 'em at Wal-Mart for twenty bucks though...

I can understand the appeal of Hamilton. But sometimes I'd rather wear something that I don't have to worry about. I'll wear my Timex's as long as they last me, but I won't be too upset if one gets damaged or lost.
    ShockMister

sometimes you "just want a watch". i've got a Timex easy reader stuck to the bulletin board in my office. keeps great time and is a low profile alternative to a wall clock. i used to wear it on a vintage 60's wide leather band. i don't have to care whether it get banged up or not, and it is only marginally more expensive to replace it rather than change the battery.

my current love is my Seiko Sumo, but a Timex will do everything a watch needs to do (especially in the age of the cell phone) and not make a dent in your wallet.
    avusblue likes this.

Looks very similar to a lot of pilot watches that go for four figures. You think the average person is going to know the difference between that and a Stowa?

Timex or Rolex. beyond that it's just us geeks....
    avusblue likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information