Tissel Watch Company - Cautionary Tale
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Tissel Watch Company - Cautionary Tale

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tissel Watch Company - Cautionary Tale

This is a cautionary tale for those of you rolling the dice on this watch company. Also a call for help - not sure what else to do at this point other than waiting longer.

Cliffnote version: Tissel watch has QC isssue, told me to refuse shipment, but then did not issue me a refund or send replacement until the watch arrived back in Korea, which 7 weeks later it still has not.

Long version:

After reading so many glowing reviews on the company, I decided to give this company a try and ordered the Type B Pilot model on June 10th. They shipped the following day, so so far so good.

2 Weeks later (June 25), the day before the watch was scheduled to arrive, I received the following email:

Dear friend,

Thank you for purchasing the Tissel watch.
    Sorry. Tisell 40mm pilot watch has a waterproof problem in the crown.
    If the 40mm pilot arrives to you. please refuse to accept.
    If your watch returns and arrives in Korea,
    I will replace it with a new watch and ship it to you again.
    Do not worry. If you pay the return fee, I will pay you a return fee.

I am sorry for your inconvenience.
    Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Ok - disappointing. But I appreciated they giving me a heads up. What's unacceptable whatever is what follows. I was concerned about the delay in the return shipping so I asked for a refund, and they said they will do that "as soon s the watch arrive in korea."

So I asked what happened if it doesnt? They said "don't worry, we will give you refund as soon as watch arrive in korea"

Starting to sound like broken record. So then I asked "can you just refund me now?" - they replied and said "we will try to trace, and send refund as soon as your watch PROVES to be on its way to korea."

OK good. progress. On July 12 ( almost 3 weeks after returned shipment ) the tracking number is finally updated, the package is still stuck in US on its way back. I asked them for the refund again, and they said "WHEN YOUR WATCH ARRIVE IN KOREA."

Which brings us back to today.

I feel like I have been more than patient in working with them. But this is rather unacceptable, in my humble opinion. So there you have it!

Re: Tissel Watch Company - Cautionary Tale

Sadly, both the language barrier and conflicting perceptions of what constitutes acceptable customer service appear to be working against you. IMO, they should've refunded the money immediately after the return appeared in the tracking system of whatever shipper they're using.

How did you pay for the watch? Can you dispute the charge with PayPal or your CC company?

Hope it all works out for you.
    drwindsurf and brandon\ like this.

How did you pay? Have you tried contacting your bank or paypal?
    drwindsurf likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's a bummer.Good luck and keep us posted.

I paid Paypal, and yes I know I have the nuclear option of disputing the PP charge. I was really holding out on that one because I know how damaging that can be for a small business like them. But I think we're at that point now.. I'll wait a few more days and file a PP dispute.
    drwindsurf likes this.

It's too bad this had to happen but every company has issues now & again and your problem DOES NOT INVALIDATE the company.
    My #157 Marine Chronometer has been a weekend joy for 2 years now without a single issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

drwindsurf likes this.
    My Grail: Blancpain "Fifty Fathoms Hodinkee L.E."

I don't buy anything over like $10 from China or S.Korea anymore. 9/10 if you need to return/exchange a watch (or anything) they will play dumb and drag their feet to refund you.

I just waited 1.5 months for a watch bracelet from Korea that never came. Asked for a refund and they agreed but wanted me to pay them back if the strap ever shows up haha. I paid $70 for a bracelet to be delivered in certain time frame, not for it to be delivered 3 months later. When they finally sent me the refund they sent it through Paypal goods and services so i had to pay the fee

Quote Originally Posted by E8ArmyDiver View Post
    It's too bad this had to happen but every company has issues now & again and your problem DOES NOT INVALIDATE the company.
    My #157 Marine Chronometer has been a weekend joy for 2 years now without a single issue.
    The test of a company is often when things go wrong. If the item is perfect and you have no complaints, you also have no experience dealing with the company's customer service department. I owned a Tisell - similar to yours but with central seconds and a Miyota 9-series movement - and it was great for the money. However, I'd hate to think what would have happened if the watch crapped out after a few weeks or months of use. It's likely I would've junked it rather than trying to deal with what would most likely have been a frustrating customer service experience.

I was born and raised in Asia and moved to the USA as a young person. One thing I noticed is that Americans and (most) Asians have very different ideas of CS. The North American concept of "the customer is always right" is basically non-existent in the rest of the world. In Asia, you're often on your own when things go south.

farw1d, after reading Tisell's hedging, mealy-mouthed responses to your refund query, I'd opt for what you deem "the nuclear option" sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by LosAngelesTimer; July 29th, 2018 at 08:13.
    JohnnyKarate and brandon\ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by E8ArmyDiver View Post
    Actually, with all due respect., I think it kinda does.

if a company depends on online worldwide sales, has this poor of a QC, and then refuses to make it right until the item arrives back which could take months - that, to me, is the very definition of 'buyer's beware.'

It's great that your watch runs great. I know their watch seems to be great for the money, hence why I ordered one.

Anyways apparently as soon as I post about this here, my refund - which was held up for weeks - just magically got completed, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesTimer View Post
    The test of a company is often when things go wrong. If the item is perfect and you have no complaints, you also have no experience dealing with the company's customer service department.
    This.

A company doesn't deserve praise just for sending an as advertised watch out in a timely manner. That's just expected.

It's how they treat you AFTER they have your money.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information