Tissot Deployant Problem
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Likestheshiny
  • 1 Post By RBrylawski
  • 3 Post By dave.g
  • 1 Post By RBrylawski

Thread: Tissot Deployant Problem

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2

    Tissot Deployant Problem

    Just bought a Tissot quartz retrograde perpetual calendar (T063.637.16.037.00) with leather strap & deployant clasp. If the clasp is set up for my wrist size, I can't put the watch on; it won't go over my hand. If it is set large enough to go over my hand, it is much too large on my wrist. Hands are not unusually big; wrists not unusually small.

    This is my first time with the leather/deployant combination. Am I missing something here? Perhaps some non-obvious adjustment or setting?

    Frustrating... Any thoughts appreciated.

  2. #2
    Member Likestheshiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,462

    Re: Tissot Deployant Problem

    Unless you're somehow missing the second side of a butterfly clasp, open is open and closed is closed. You're not supposed to have to adjust it every time.
    dave.g likes this.

  3. #3
    lvt
    lvt is offline
    Member lvt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    17,562

    Re: Tissot Deployant Problem

    A photo would help.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member RBrylawski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,061

    Re: Tissot Deployant Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
    Unless you're somehow missing the second side of a butterfly clasp, open is open and closed is closed. You're not supposed to have to adjust it every time.
    My thought as well. I'd have to wager the OP is only using one side of the butterfly clasp. A guy in my office bought an inexpensive watch recently with a deployment clasp. He brought it to me and complained he couldn't get it on his wrist, so I watched and then I chuckled at him. He was only opening one side of the butterfly. Once I showed him there were two sides he was able to put it on without difficulty.
    dave.g likes this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo


  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2

    Re: Tissot Deployant Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    My thought as well. I'd have to wager the OP is only using one side of the butterfly clasp. A guy in my office bought an inexpensive watch recently with a deployment clasp. He brought it to me and complained he couldn't get it on his wrist, so I watched and then I chuckled at him. He was only opening one side of the butterfly. Once I showed him there were two sides he was able to put it on without difficulty.
    Bingo! I'm embarrassed! Yes it is a butterfly (never saw one before) and I didn't notice how the second side opened. Many thanks!

  7. #6
    Member RBrylawski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,061

    Re: Tissot Deployant Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by dave.g View Post
    Bingo! I'm embarrassed! Yes it is a butterfly (never saw one before) and I didn't notice how the second side opened. Many thanks!
    No need to be embarrassed! You've never had one before. Glad it's resolved and please wear that watch in happiness and health!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dave.g likes this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo


  8. #7
    Member Nokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    25,270

    Re: Tissot Deployant Problem

    Glad you got it sorted out. Butterfly claps are great.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

    "The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

  9. #8
    Member sticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    55,525

    Re: Tissot Deployant Problem

    Dave, IMHO that is the purpose of forums. If one guy has a problem then the others help out if possible.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •