Tissot Deployant Problem
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Likestheshiny
  • 1 Post By RBrylawski
  • 3 Post By dave.g
  • 1 Post By RBrylawski

Thread: Tissot Deployant Problem

Tissot Deployant Problem

Just bought a Tissot quartz retrograde perpetual calendar (T063.637.16.037.00) with leather strap & deployant clasp. If the clasp is set up for my wrist size, I can't put the watch on; it won't go over my hand. If it is set large enough to go over my hand, it is much too large on my wrist. Hands are not unusually big; wrists not unusually small.

This is my first time with the leather/deployant combination. Am I missing something here? Perhaps some non-obvious adjustment or setting?

Frustrating... Any thoughts appreciated.

Re: Tissot Deployant Problem

Unless you're somehow missing the second side of a butterfly clasp, open is open and closed is closed. You're not supposed to have to adjust it every time.
    dave.g likes this.

lvt

A photo would help.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
    Unless you're somehow missing the second side of a butterfly clasp, open is open and closed is closed. You're not supposed to have to adjust it every time.
    My thought as well. I'd have to wager the OP is only using one side of the butterfly clasp. A guy in my office bought an inexpensive watch recently with a deployment clasp. He brought it to me and complained he couldn't get it on his wrist, so I watched and then I chuckled at him. He was only opening one side of the butterfly. Once I showed him there were two sides he was able to put it on without difficulty.
    dave.g likes this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    My thought as well. I'd have to wager the OP is only using one side of the butterfly clasp. A guy in my office bought an inexpensive watch recently with a deployment clasp. He brought it to me and complained he couldn't get it on his wrist, so I watched and then I chuckled at him. He was only opening one side of the butterfly. Once I showed him there were two sides he was able to put it on without difficulty.
    Bingo! I'm embarrassed! Yes it is a butterfly (never saw one before) and I didn't notice how the second side opened. Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dave.g View Post
    Bingo! I'm embarrassed! Yes it is a butterfly (never saw one before) and I didn't notice how the second side opened. Many thanks!
    No need to be embarrassed! You've never had one before. Glad it's resolved and please wear that watch in happiness and health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dave.g likes this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Glad you got it sorted out. Butterfly claps are great.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Dave, IMHO that is the purpose of forums. If one guy has a problem then the others help out if possible.

Thread Information