Is this Tissot fine as a dress watch?
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Is this Tissot fine as a dress watch?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Is this Tissot fine as a dress watch?

I know I just created a "Is this okay for my wrist size" type of topic, mainly because this is the reason, this watch is only 39mm!! But anyhow...

Well I'm looking at this one in particular

Name:  1263089-would-tissot-good-dress-watch-tissot_couturier_smallsecond_640_360_s_c1_center_center.jpg
Views: 1466
Size:  111.9 KB

After looking at Glashutte Original with similar design, I immediately fell in love. This is the closest I could get to that, yet at an affordable price.

But right now I am looking to buy a dressy watch, what do you think?

I do know that there are pure black dial and white dial for it, but it just didn't really give me the "WOW" impression...

Opinion please.
    CitizenM, dbakiva, John MS and 1 others like this.

Re: Is this Tissot fine as a dress watch?

I would say yes, definitely fine as a dress watch.

~Sherry.
    CitizenM and BusyTimmy like this.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

You betcha it is. And a nice one at that.
    And a tad smaller is good for a dress watch - you don't need a hubcap spoiling your cuffs.
    If possible try both on w/ a suit - see which one looks best peeking out of your jacket. I'm kinda a white dial guy but black has it's fans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for all the replies! Definitely makes me feel more comfortable buying this watch(If I actually do buy it)...

how does the white one fair?

Name:  602x442_1369662072.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  95.0 KB
    CitizenM likes this.

I prefer the Black/RG. The white is little plain imo.
    BusyTimmy likes this.

BTW, certainly in the classic sense, 39mm is large for a dress watch, though the era of hubcaps has certainly altered that in some peoples minds. I looked at your other thread and IMHO 36mm would be better on your wrist for a true dress watch. But, I also must admit the selection in that size has dwindled especially in the more affordable end. I expect we will see more of this trend in the Haute Horology brands as those that have been weaned on the larger is better aesthetic come of the age that they can afford them. I suppose my point is that it is certainly a dress watch but may be a little big on your wrist as a dress watch, but that is more of a personal opinion but there is a convention if you care to follow it, but then if you want to follow the convention you would be looking at a two hander sans date.

I haven't seen that model before. Very nice. The size should be perfect, going by your previous thread.

Thanks for all the comment! Keep them coming! To be honest, I opened this thread is because I'm afraid that the colour will be too bright(?) as a dress watch! Definitely will go take a look at AD later on

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

39mm is a perfectly reasonable size for a dress watch, and I would actually hesitate to get a watch that is much bigger.
    BusyTimmy likes this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

radenferdy likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information