Tissot PR 50 - anyone else dissapointed with theirs?

Thread: Tissot PR 50 - anyone else dissapointed with theirs?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tissot PR 50 - anyone else dissapointed with theirs?

I got a nice looking Tissot PR50 a couple of months ago. After debating for ages on whether or not to get a leather strap (nice, understated) or the titanium bracelet, I got the leather.

Two months on, and this is cracked through to the inside in various places, and I only where the thing a few hours a day.

Also, the date is constantly wrong, and the second hand does not fall in sink with the second markers on the watch face (it falls inbetween them!!), so not good.

On top of this, as the strap is not guaranteed, I decided to order the titanium strap, which having been ordered from Tissot (Swatch UK?), has taken over 13 days now to arrive.

Extremely poor, and will not be purchasing a Tissot again. Angry!

Banned

Re: Tissot PR 50 - anyone else dissapointed with theirs?

Welcome to WUS!

That the date is wrong is not a problem with the watch, as it has not a Perpentual calendar. It needs to be adjusted each month, on the First.

Leather straps should last a year or two. Do you wash or shower with it?
    The seconds Hand can be easily adjusted by the AD,

Waiting 13 days for the Ti Bracelet??
    Welcome to the World of AD's, where Time stands still!

When I use an AD, (I ONLY use AD's) I count the MONTHS, not days!!

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

Lovely first post you made there. Always makes a wonderful first impression. Perhaps you might want to sell the watch and stay away from analog watches.
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like mine...

It's cheap, reliable and accurate. Sapphire crystal and 316L stainless steel... What more could you ask, at this price-point?

Sorry you don't feel the same way as I, but I'm not sure the shortcomings you've described are Tissot's fault. As Janne stated, it's not a perpetual calendar and leather straps deteriorate at a rate that's directly related to the wearer's body chemistry and exposure to moisture etc... I'm sure the bracelet will be more satisfactory for you.

As to your point of waiting a couple of weeks for an OEM bracelet, months is the norm and you're lucky to have the service the AD is giving you. I hope you find it more to your liking! Post some photos in your follow-up: I'd love to hear how things turn out!

Best regards,
    Wallace
    For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did, and I get the sweats. I go in and start working. I'm not sure where I'm going - if I knew where I was going, I wouldn't do it. Frank Gehry

Quote Originally Posted by c.j.d. View Post
    I got a nice looking Tissot PR50 a couple of months ago. After debating for ages on whether or not to get a leather strap (nice, understated) or the titanium bracelet, I got the leather.

Two months on, and this is cracked through to the inside in various places, and I only where the thing a few hours a day.

Also, the date is constantly wrong, and the second hand does not fall in sink with the second markers on the watch face (it falls inbetween them!!), so not good.

On top of this, as the strap is not guaranteed, I decided to order the titanium strap, which having been ordered from Tissot (Swatch UK?), has taken over 13 days now to arrive.

We seem to have had a bumper crop of first time angry posters in the past two weeks. Maybe something to do with longer exposure to the sun as springtime arrives?

Anyway, what do you mean the date is always wrong. Did you set it to the correct date to begin with? Leather straps do wear out and it is very possible that yours was old or defective to begin with. Did you return the watch to the authorized dealer where you bought it? Quartz watches rarely have the seconds hand line up perfectly. Again, this is a problem that should be addressed by the authorized dealer that you bought the watch from.

I realize there is always the rare chance that you bought this at some really low price on the internet or through some local discount seller. If so, you now have learned about the downside of buying cheaply. You may have bought someone elses problem.
    Last edited by John MS; March 27th, 2010 at 21:14.

As above ^^^^ re the date and secoond hand 'issues'!!

And 13 days to wait for a strap?!! I've waited longer for stuff off of Ebay!!
    Just to give you an example.....I have an Ebel auto chrono, which, no offence to your watch, costs a whole lot more, where the strap pretty much disintergrated after a year and has took roughly TWO MONTHS already just to get a new strap for it

So your really not doing too bad at all!!

Quote Originally Posted by c.j.d. View Post

leather strap cracked ; do you shower or swim with it? i have PRC 200, bought in 2005, and still do fine. i never let it wet or humid. i use cheap strap if i know i am going to go wet/humid weather.

date constantly wrong ; are you constantly leave it wrong?

second hand does not fall in sink with the second markers on the watch face;
    maybe it is defective product and can be complained to your AD. but it is rare case for quartz.

13 days to arrive ; as Janne mentioned, we wait MONTHS.

regards
    Last edited by Ryan Alden; March 28th, 2010 at 19:17.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Alden View Post
    13 days to arrive ; as Janne mentioned, we wait MONTHS.
    Months that feel like YEARS!
    My Omega is nw on it's 3rd month
    My JLC is now on its 2nd month

OP! I suggest you buy a Rubber or Silicone Strap if you get it wet often.

Yes, and I hope you will stay with us on WUS despite a bit of earbashing!
    We are a bunch of hard but really nice boys and girls here!!!!!

Wow - I was'nt actually expecting much of a response!

In answer to a couple of questions raised by my own steam vent:

I've only had the watch a couple of months, and the strap was brand new on this. It was bought from an authorised dealer, and I chose the leather strap as it seemed slightly more understated than the titanium (I do alot of work overseas in central and southern America, in pretty poor areas (lots of opportunists (fair enough, there is no money)) so leather does not seem to stick out so much as a nice shiny braclet).

I don't shower in it, and have not used it overseas yet ( I went for the Tissot as it seems that they do very well in humid conditions (I spend alot of time in cloudforest/damp environments). I'll get the second hand seen to, so thanks for that - it makes no difference to the time, but sends me a bit weird when I look at it for to long.

Sorry for the first impression - I am quite calm and level headed in real life:)

You guys wait months? Okay - I will wind my neck in!! Thanks again for the info'.
    Last edited by c.j.d.; March 28th, 2010 at 21:33.

Quote Originally Posted by emmanuelgoldstein View Post
    Lovely first post you made there. Always makes a wonderful first impression. Perhaps you might want to sell the watch and stay away from analog watches.

Stay away from analogue - why on earth would I want to do that?

Also, I think it extremely difficult to gauge anyone by first impresion via an electronic web forum. Good to meet you to Emmanuel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information