Tissot Le Locle Crown Issues

Thread: Tissot Le Locle Crown Issues

Tissot Le Locle Crown Issues

So I just got myself a brand new Tissot Le Locle. However I found that after I have set the time and I push in the crown, occasionally these two situations happen,

i) the crown closes fully but flicks the date wheel by half a date. For example the date is showing 24th, now the date will end up showing in-between 24th and 25th.

ii) the crown gets stuck at the date position and is unable to close fully. I have to turn the crown a very small turn clockwise until I hear a click which then allows me to push in the crown.

Are these signs of a faulty crown or a crown that just needs lubrication? Please advise, these issues have gotten me worried about the quality of Tissot watches.
    Last edited by Jones J; October 30th, 2013 at 07:30.

A M

Re: Tissot Le Locle Crown Issues

Either way back to dealer, they should fix it/have it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by A M View Post
    Either way back to dealer, they should fix it/have it fixed.
    The thing is I can only bring it to the service center to have it fixed. And I am not sure if the water-resistance etc. after fixing the crown would be as good as when I bought it off the shelf (i.e. directly from the factory).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jones J View Post
    The thing is I can only bring it to the service center to have it fixed. And I am not sure if the water-resistance etc. after fixing the crown would be as good as when I bought it off the shelf (i.e. directly from the factory).
    Well, ask them for a test and get the seals replaced if necessary (which I think will not be necessary). The watch is damaged and needs to be opened anyway.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Does the watch flip the date at 12:00 midnight or 12:00 noon. Are you changing the date when the watch is between 6:00pm and 4:00am?

As John said are you changing the date in the "danger" period because this can cause the watch to do funny things. If not send it back PDQ as it sounds like its faulty and say that the watch MUST be pressure tested before return to you. The service centre should do this as a matter of course but it worth telling them. The problem is not any sort of indicator of Tissot quality since I have a boat load of em and have never encountered any problems.

Try setting pulling out to time set, wind the hands 24 hours and keep winding until you hit 6. Then click to date and see if you can switch it.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    Does the watch flip the date at 12:00 midnight or 12:00 noon. Are you changing the date when the watch is between 6:00pm and 4:00am?
    I was told by my AD that as long as both minute hand and hour hand are below 3 and 9, I am allowed to set my date. Or have I been doing it wrongly?

And also, isn't the "danger" zone between 9pm to 3am instead?
    Last edited by Jones J; November 6th, 2013 at 11:44.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Recurring issue. Here's just one thread to flick through.....and of course there are more.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I've read about the procedure for setting the time on ETA movements such as the Tissot Le Locle from other threads:

"When you set the time, wind the minute hand 15 minutes or so ahead of the minute that you want to set it at, and then go backward to the correct minute."

I have always been setting my minute hand to the exact minute I want without moving backward at all because I have heard others mention that winding the minute hand backward is not good for automatic movements.

Could someone clarify?

Thread Information