Tissot Le Locle Powermatic 80 vs Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques Date
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Tissot Le Locle Powermatic 80 vs Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques Date

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Tissot Le Locle Powermatic 80 vs Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques Date

Okay, so I know these watches are in totally different price ranges, but that's exactly why I'm having a hard time choosing between them. I was wondering if the difference in price is justified with the ML. Personally, I like both watches, and I think for their respective prices, they offer a lot, but I can't really decide.

I'll leave the models I'm looking at below.

Also, here's a picture of the Le Locle on my wrist. Got a chance to try it, but couldn't find the ML anywhere near where I live.

Name:  20190718_154352.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  2.01 MB

Re: Tissot Le Locle Powermatic 80 vs Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques Date

The Tissot for contrast.

Um, I'm not exactly sure what that's supposed to mean. The contrast on the face of the watch, or the contrast with my skin? Or the contrast regarding the lower price? :))
    And also, it's not just about the way they look, because they are fairly similar, yet different.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Tissot. The ML is a bit 'plain Jane' to my eyes. Also, the movement in the ML is based on the SW200 Selitta which is an ETA 2824 clone.
    The Tissot has the Powermatic 80 which is derived off the the 2824. So basically, both movements should be very similar performance wise.
    Assuming the ML is in stainless steel, it has nothing going for it that Tissot can't offer. Both are well respected brands but in my opinion, the difference in price of about 1000 euro is just too much to warrant the ML.

The face.
    Quote Originally Posted by xZexe View Post
    Um, I'm not exactly sure what that's supposed to mean. The contrast on the face of the watch, or the contrast with my skin? Or the contrast regarding the lower price? :))
    And also, it's not just about the way they look, because they are fairly similar, yet different.

Quote Originally Posted by J_NL View Post
    The Tissot. The ML is a bit 'plain Jane' to my eyes. Also, the movement in the ML is based on the SW200 Selitta which is an ETA 2824 clone.
    The Tissot has the Powermatic 80 which is derived off the the 2824. So basically, both movements should be very similar performance wise.
    Assuming the ML is in stainless steel, it has nothing going for it that Tissot can't offer. Both are well respected brands but in my opinion, the difference in price of about 1000 euro is just too much to warrant the ML.
    Honestly, I am kind of a sucker for a smooth sweeping seconds hand, which the ML offers at 28800 bph. And also, the ML seems just a bit better finished, regarding the case, and the leather strap seems of higher quality.
    I found the Le Locle for 359usd on Jomashop and the ML for around 940usd on Chrono24, both new.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    The face.
    Gotcha now, but as I said, it's not down to just that, I think

To add to my earlier post, I think in the future it will also be easier and cheaper to get the Tissot serviced.
    As part of the Swatch Group, Tissot has a large network of dealers and repair centers. The ML would be a bit more difficult I think unless you have the illusive 'trusted watchmaker' that can service your watch locally. If not, you're best option is to have it served by the manufacturer and I think in such case you're better off with Swatch simply because they're such a large company.

Quote Originally Posted by J_NL View Post
    To add to my earlier post, I think in the future it will also be easier and cheaper to get the Tissot serviced.
    As part of the Swatch Group, Tissot has a large network of dealers and repair centers. The ML would be a bit more difficult I think unless you have the illusive 'trusted watchmaker' that can service your watch locally. If not, you're best option is to have it served by the manufacturer and I think in such case you're better off with Swatch simply because they're such a large company.
    Hmm, yeah, that might be something I would want to consider.
    What's usually the service period for an automatic? Or, more specifically, for these movements

I understand. Remember though that at 21600 you still get a nice sweep. However since the beat rate is lower, the service interval should in theory be longer (less wear over the same period).
    The leather strap should not be a consideration as it will be worn out in 6-9 months time anyhow if you plan on wearing it daily.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information