Tissot pr100 authentic or not

Thread: Tissot pr100 authentic or not

Tissot pr100 authentic or not

Pr100 tissot concern

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A TISSOT PR100 AND AM VERY CONCERNED AS TO IT'S AUTHENTICITY. ON THE FACE OF THE WATCH IT SAYS PR100 AND UNDER THAT IT SAYS SAPHIR AND NOT SAPPHIRE. ON THE BOTTOM OF THE FACE IT SAYS SWISS AND NOT SWISS MADE. THE BACK OF THE WATCH HAS BEEN REMOVED SO AS TO SEE THE MECHANICAL GUTS AND WHAT YOU SEE IS A CIRCUIT BOARD AND NOT THE USUAL GEARS. I AM VERY CONFUSED AND CONCERNED IN REGARDS TO IT BEING A HOOK. IF YOU CAN HELP IN LETTING ME KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL I WOULD BE GRATEFUL. I HAVE TRIED TO AD 3 PICTURES BUT DON'T KNOW IF THEY WILL TAKE OR NOT SEEINGS HOW THIS IS MY FIRST THREAD HERE. IF THEY DON'T YOU CAN SEE ALL OF THE PICS ON EBAY ITEM # 150433384599. PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOMETHING IF YOU CAN.

Re: Tissot pr100 authentic or not

Swiss Made was printed on every example that I have seen. The watch is supposed to be a quartz movement but I'm not familiar with how it should appear.

My guess would be that the watch is fake but maybe some other members can be of more assistance.

I had a jeweler here in my hometown look at the pictures of it and he couldn't comment either way because of the circuitry in the back. I do know that Tissot did make certain watches for the germans that did say saphir verses sapphire but beyond this i am not all to certain of this watch. i am in the hopes that someone else here will have some positive info as i don't really want to be out this money paid for it. thank yopu red baron.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Best of luck to you. You should post this on the Tissot forum. It's under the brand name section.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Check google: A lot of Tissot PR 100 Saphir out there. Back in those times there have been no fake Tissot watches. You can easily fetch those PRE 100 from 50 to 100 USD on ebay. Nothing to worry about imho.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

thank you mike. i know that you can purchase those watches on Ebay but there are also alot of hook Tissots and others being sold on Ebay and this is why i am so concerned about this one. i did take pictures of the watch to an authorized Tissot dealer here in my town and even they said that they have never seen a Tissot that looked like the pictures and that is why i am trying my best to get as much knowledge as i can on this paticular watch. again I do thank you and everyone that is responding to this thread for all of the input.
    Last edited by bigbrother54; April 21st, 2010 at 16:00.

Thread Information