Tissot T41.1.483.33 vs Frederique Constant 245M4S6B

Thread: Tissot T41.1.483.33 vs Frederique Constant 245M4S6B

Tissot T41.1.483.33 vs Frederique Constant 245M4S6B

Hello everyone!

I'd first like to say 'Hello' because I am new to this forum!

I wanted to start off the new year right with a new watch, considering I'm owed a college graduation/Christmas gift, and I would like some input.
    I am rather new to the watch community (the only watch I own is a Gold Movado Museum I've had for 7 years), and I've been researching for the past 12 hours about all the different variations and brands of watches

I have come down two these 2 watches (entitled in Subject Heading), mostly for the style and classy elegance:
    Name:  FC 1.jpg
Views: 2278
Size:  123.9 KBName:  FC 2.jpg
Views: 2138
Size:  111.6 KBName:  Tossit 1.jpg
Views: 1995
Size:  68.1 KBName:  Tossit 2.jpg
Views: 2112
Size:  81.8 KB
    I've read that FC is newer but making valiant strides to catch up, but Tissot has a respectable history which I like about the Tissot. I think the band and face of the FC are much much more elegant but I like the back of the Tissot better. I also like the second hand on the Tossit and how it appears to glide, but I'm on the fences between which I like more: Automatic or Quartz. The Tissot I can find for 70$ cheaper than the FC, but the FC is said to retail a full 300$ more than the Tissot.

My question is this. Taking into account the fact that I plan on buying more high-quality watches in the future, watch repairs, differences between automatic vs quartz, and all of the opinions on both watches... Which one would you chose? Which one would you look back 10 years from now and say you were glad you purchased?

Thanks for input in advance
    P.S. Sorry if this post was made numerous times before...

Re: Tissot T41.1.483.33 vs Frederique Constant 245M4S6B

I love FC almost every respect from design point of view but it is expensive for a quartz watch for me to spend on. I'll settle with Tissot. plus more I look at it, Tissot bracelet looks more menly.

Tissot +1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Tissot Le Locle is one of the best values in Swiss dress watches in its price range, you can't go wrong with it.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

mleok,
    Do you think that there is any other swiss watch, with similar style and comparable quality, that comes close to the Tissot Le Locle for the 400-700$ price range? I am searching through Jomashop right now... It's interesting that you'd pick the Tissot Le Locle over the FC Slimline Gents Date considering you own a FC Slimline and not a Tissot, maybe you know something about the FC Slimline I don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by tmm651990 View Post
    mleok,
    Do you think that there is any other swiss watch, with similar style and comparable quality, that comes close to the Tissot Le Locle for the 400-700$ price range? I am searching through Jomashop right now... It's interesting that you'd pick the Tissot Le Locle over the FC Slimline Gents Date considering you own a FC Slimline and not a Tissot, maybe you know something about the FC Slimline I don't know?
    I used to own the Tissot Le Locle, and it is a very nice watch, and an absolute bargain at less than $400. At the less than $700 price range, if you like the guilloche dial with Roman numerals, then you should also consider the FC-303, which looks very similar to a Breguet Classique, and which I think has a much more refined dial and hands.

(RBryalwski's photo)

The reason why I recommend the Le Locle over the Slimline that you picked is that I like my quartz watches to omit the seconds hand, as I don't like ticking seconds. You might say that it's less noticable with a petite seconds subdial, but it still seems to bother me. I didn't suggest the FC-303 earlier, as I was under the impression from the options you listed that your budget was around $400, and at that price range, the Le Locle is a clear winner.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Hmm, Interesting, I greatly appreciate the insight.
    Yes, I really like the Roman Numerals and the Breguet hands.
    So, which watch would you be happier with if you had to pick one to use many times for many years?
    The Tissot Le Locle, the FC-303
    Keep in mind the FC-303 supposedly retails 335$ higher than the Tissot. (I can get the FC-303 for 120$ on Joma right now though)
    Which is better quality?

I got the Tissot Le Locle for Christmas. Beautiful watch. Very pleased with it and would recommend it.
    Last edited by rjustice21; January 4th, 2013 at 13:53.
    Omega | Hamilton | Tissot | G-Shock

Inactive

I would go Tissot, but I'm a sucker for that case-back.

Quote Originally Posted by tmm651990 View Post
    Hmm, Interesting, I greatly appreciate the insight.
    Yes, I really like the Roman Numerals and the Breguet hands.
    So, which watch would you be happier with if you had to pick one to use many times for many years?
    The Tissot Le Locle, the FC-303
    Keep in mind the FC-303 supposedly retails 335$ higher than the Tissot. (I can get the FC-303 for 120$ on Joma right now though)
    Which is better quality?
    I would not fixate on the MSRP. Having said that, I think the dial is much nicer on the FC-303 than the Tissot Le Locle. I didn't particularly care for the embossed (and painted black) roman numerals on the Le Locle, which looks a bit strange to me. If you can get a good price on the FC-303, then definitely get that. I assume that the $120 was a typo? The best price I can see for the FC-303 on Jomashop at the moment is a bit less than $600.

Thread Information