Tissot Visodate vs. Longines Hydroconquest
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Tissot Visodate vs. Longines Hydroconquest

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tissot Visodate vs. Longines Hydroconquest

Good Evening everyone, I am conflicted on which watch to purchase. I am debating between the Tissot Visodate Milanais and the Longines Hydroconquest. I will most likely be wearing the watch very regularly for casual as well as office wear. I want something that'll look good on a variety of straps (natos and leather) and something that can be sporty but professional.

Thanks for all the help!

Re: Tissot Visodate vs. Longines Hydroconquest

I like the look of the Hydroconquest better. Unless you need it for dress duties as well I think overall it works better as a casual/office watch (assuming business casual).

The Tissot is undeniably dressier, but the Longines is more versatile. Much more versatile.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

no doubt the longines.
    i have many many memory with many watches, but the only one that is worthy is my all time favorite - the Tudor Submariner 79090.

Not a fan of the arabic numerals on the Hydroconquest. I'd personally take the Visodate. I'd be more tempted by a Certina diver. An Oris Aquis would be a slam dunk if the budget extends this far...
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Which Hydro?

If it is this one, then Longines all the way(I put my money where my mouth is, I bought one)

Name:  c4ac64b8a766dad15a26170c2ae42578.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  171.3 KB

If it's this one, then bleh...get the Tissot

Name:  Longines HC_22_1.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  303.1 KB
    X2-Elijah likes this.
    All opinions expressed in this post are subject to change after sobering up.

Banned

The quality of the Longines is inferior to an Orient Star but more expensive. Unless you have to have a Longines I'd say up to $1k look at the Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    The quality of the Longines is inferior to an Orient Star but more expensive. Unless you have to have a Longines I'd say up to $1k look at the Japanese.
    Japanese bracelet suck, big time. As to the rest of the watches, please explain what you think is inferior on a Longines.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark View Post
    Japanese bracelet suck, big time. As to the rest of the watches, please explain what you think is inferior on a Longines.
    Oh sorry yes I replace all my bracelets with superior straps and rubbers. But have you tried Orient Star's 5 part per link bracelet? Also have you tried a Grand Seiko bracelet before?

Name:  P2020696_zps39eb4d9a.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  134.5 KB

Another awesome alternative that's superior to the Longines:

Name:  Citizen-Signature-Grand-Touring-Sport-12.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  110.7 KB

Longines Hydroconquest's case work and dial quality sucked. Owned quite a bit both the dressy and sport ones since the 80's. And I bought that very model you own to give to my bro as birthday present. So yea I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    Oh sorry yes I replace all my bracelets with superior straps and rubbers. But have you tried Orient Star's 5 part per link bracelet? Also have you tried a Grand Seiko bracelet before?
    No, we don't have Grand Seiko here. But it is 4 time the price of an Hydro, so I hope it doesn't suck ;

Longines Hydroconquest's case work and dial quality sucked. Owned quite a bit both the dressy and sport ones since the 80's. And I bought that very model you own to give to my bro as birthday present. So yea I know...
    Must have been lucky with my Hydro then, it is perfect in every way, from the accuracy of the movement, to the operation of the bezel, the crown which is smooth as butter(smoother than anything Japanese I ever put my hands on), to the finishing of the case, the applied markers perfectly set featuring a perfectly centered luminova application, and the hand so well polished with sharp edges and perfectly symmetrical. the movement, while ETA, is further deburred, polished and decorated by Longines before encassing. I can't find a flaw, so I am waiting for you to say what you mean by "inferior quality" specifically.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information