Tissot vs. Casio Edifice

Thread: Tissot vs. Casio Edifice

Tissot vs. Casio Edifice

I'm trying to decide between the Tissot T0364171705701 T-Sport Watch and the Casio Edifice Black Label Chrono Solar Watch, 3D Black Dial, Rubber Strap Watch. I know that the Tissot may seem like the obvious choice and in my opinion it looks better however, the Edifice has a lot more features. I'm interested in the world time feature that comes on the edifice, plus it has a full chronograph while the chronograph on the Tissot and on most Tissots for that matter only go up to 30 mins. I'd love to hear your opinions on which one you'd choose. I should say that I'm leaning towards the Casio Edifice. Thanks for the feedback

Re: Tissot vs. Casio Edifice

Value per dollar I would choose the Casio. Do you really use those features so oftenly, or just nice to have ? Only you can answer that.

A casual search on those two watches revealed that the Tissot has sapphire crystal while the Casio uses mineral crystal. Does that matter to you when their prices are quite near to each other ? (I compared their prices on amazon.com; after discount prices are quite near. Before discount prices are apart.)

Tissot spare parts policy is 10yrs on average while Casio has 7yrs on average.

So, you can make your own conclusion instead.

References:

http://www.amazon.com/Tissot-Mens-T0.../dp/B002JP8CGS

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-Edifice-.../dp/B00443XQR8
    Last edited by Benjamin Chin; July 4th, 2011 at 14:20.

Pops' vote is going with the Casio ... One nice thing about this Edifice is (it looks like) you can do strap changes, as well as be'in a cool watch IMO.

Good luck with your hunt!!! It's always the funn'est part ain't it???

Pops
    Have a great day, or night! ...

Pops

... ...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the input. They're both sport watches and very close in terms of value. I don't really have need for the feature, as a fledgling collector I think that it'd be cool to have...even though a Tissot is a good quality watch and a good addition to any collection, I think that the chronograph on the Casio is better plus you save a few bucks on amazon and get more in terms of features, that's a winner in my book.

Thanks for the advice. Man I feel like a kid in a candy store. When I've decided on one, I see something else that looks interesting, I'm thoroughly enjoying the experience...I've managed to narrow it down to the tissot and the casio and I think that I've solved my dilemma, I'll get the Casio now and the Tissot later :)

Banned

Hard to beat Edifice for value.

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by jason_recliner View Post
    Hard to beat Edifice for value.

Hard to beat Tissot for its gorgeous female ambassadors :P
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

I'm a Tissot fan, so I'm biased. I say go with either. Both are certainly worthy.

If you're looking for reliability, I'd say go with Casio. The Edifice line isn't quite G-Shock tough, but I'd bet on it to survive a fall or a dunk better than any Tissot. Looks, well that's pretty subjective. And, yes, you'd be hard pressed to find a better bang-for-buck watch than an Edifice as far as features are concerned.
    "When ideas fail, words come in very handy." - J.W. von Goethe

Thread Information