Tissot Vs. Dreyfuss & Co.
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tissot Vs. Dreyfuss & Co.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tissot Vs. Dreyfuss & Co.

Newbie :D

Just wondering what do you guys have to say about the new Tissot Visodate and the Dreyfuss & Co copper 1925?

Which do you think is better?

Thanks

EHV

Re: Tissot Vs. Dreyfuss & Co.

I had to Google Dreyfuss and Co. I had never heard of them before. I wonder how many here have heard of them?

They look like a Christopher Ward type operation. Have you checked out Christopher Ward? They are a serious alternative if you are considering these two brands as is D. Freemont but I digress.......

Between these two brands, I would choose Tissot because they are a known entity and they are generally well regarded. Do check out the Tissot forum here too. With Tissot, you get the Swatch group support and what comes with that. (Yes, some don't like that!)
    With Dreyfuss and Co, I'm not sure what kind of support you'd get or if you choose to resell, if you'd get any decent amount of your purchase price back. I couldn't find any movement info from my brief visit to their site and that's a red flag to me.

And, welcome to WUS!

Never heard of Dreyfuss & Co. Tissot seems better. But personally I would choose Hamilton.
    Perseus likes this.
    Regards,

Richard

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EHV View Post
    I had to Google Dreyfuss and Co. I had never heard of them before. I wonder how many here have heard of them?

They look like a Christopher Ward type operation. Have you checked out Christopher Ward? They are a serious alternative if you are considering these two brands as is D. Freemont but I digress.......
    Dreyfuss & Co has been around for donkey's years, but doesn't sell in the US. Does that mean they don't exist :).

Mr Dreyfuss was the founder of Rotary, which I suspect most will have to Google as well. Rotary changed its name to Dreyfuss a few years ago and now makes both Rotary and Dreyfuss lines (and Nautica).

Banned

Dreyfuss is Rotary's vanity brand and they go all out with it. I've got a Dreyfuss 1890 with black leather strap and its a very beautiful thing. Their watches are also rated as waterproof, not water resistant and will apprently withstand any pressure not requiring helium- this is unique for dress watches as far as I'm aware. The 1890 has a Ronda movement in it and the attention to detail and sheer class is wonderful at this price. You also get the watch in a stunning wooden box, silk-lined with a brass plaque ready to be engraved and then put anywhere on the box you fancy. Tissot are good watches, though not as good as they once were, but Dreyfuss are a bit more special in my opinion.
    TimeWizard and skspectre like this.

Haven't heard of Dreyfuss before, but I'm a very happy Tissot owner. Don't know how they compare, but I was very close to getting a Visodate and just might pick one up yet.

Thank you for your help.

I've decided, after much deliberation, to up my spending budget and go for a very sleek Oris watch. :D Pretty happy about it

Wasn't Dreyfuss & Co. the department store from Are You Being Served?
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Steve View Post
    Dreyfuss is Rotary's vanity brand and they go all out with it. I've got a Dreyfuss 1890 with black leather strap and its a very beautiful thing. Their watches are also rated as waterproof, not water resistant and will apprently withstand any pressure not requiring helium- this is unique for dress watches as far as I'm aware. The 1890 has a Ronda movement in it and the attention to detail and sheer class is wonderful at this price. You also get the watch in a stunning wooden box, silk-lined with a brass plaque ready to be engraved and then put anywhere on the box you fancy. Tissot are good watches, though not as good as they once were, but Dreyfuss are a bit more special in my opinion.
    I recently bought in eBay.uk a Dreyfuss & Co 1890 Series Model DSG00004/06 serial NO. 4844. It came in a much smaller box that has a plastic Window on top and "Dreyfuss & Co printed in the outside in the top front of the box. The guarantee papers are quite different. They are on a separate folder containing cards 3.5 bt 8 inches aprox. Most of the other cards are just advertising for the various models of other Dreyfuss & co watches.
    However the "SF" Tag appears to be genuine. The watch itself seems to be an older model . The hands are stainless steel with light green phosphor marks. It seems to be a replica, but the seller insists it is genuine. You can see it in Ebay.uk. In the Feedback I wrote it was a replica, but ebay removed it.
    If you be so kind please quote the serial number of yours. Thank you.
    Last edited by Crisneviusk,l; May 22nd, 2011 at 10:16. Reason: Correct typos, add feedback

I have a lovely Dreyfuss & Co 1974 which has been a great watch in the 4 years i've owned it. For the price I think it's great, very dressy. Came in a fantastic, huge, wooden box. All beautifully presented.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information