Tissot vs Swiss Army
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tissot vs Swiss Army

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tissot vs Swiss Army

Hi,
    I'm deciding to buy either one of these watch from the above watchmaker.Thing come into consideration:-

i) Build quality
    ii) Design
    ii) Elegance
    iii) Impressive quality i.e people would not thing is a cheapo watch.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Tiulei

stuffler,mike

Re: Tissot vs Swiss Army

Could you be a bit more specific, what models are you looking at ? In general terms I'd always vote for Tissot.

I don't know much about Tissot, but I bought a Swiss Army watch last week, and I am pretty satisfied with it. The only complaint I have is that when setting the watch to time.gov I had some difficulty getting the hour hand to line up dead on with the hour marker. After moving the minute hand around some the hour hand lined up great and seems to be holding true. The second hand isn't dead on with most of the markers, but for a $150 Military style quartz I am happy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A few months back, the same decision befuddled me, and I went with Tissot. The main difference was the quality to price ratio, you get more for your money with a Tissot. Tissot offers sapphire crystal, and, in many cases, an automatic movement, where a similarly priced Swiss Army Watch will have a quartz movement along with the less durable mineral crystal. To get an automatic movement and sapphire crystal in a Swiss Army, you're going to pay about $800-$900. Decisions on design are obviously, and solely, a matter of personal preference, but Tissot offers a more diverse, and I think, interesting, set of timepieces than Swiss Army.

I vote Tissot all the way.
    Last edited by donrikkles; June 4th, 2007 at 20:02. Reason: comma usage
    MikeCfromLI likes this.

Hi,
    I'm referring to the below model:-

Tissot:-
    i) Diver seastar T19_1_485_31
    ii) PRC200 T17_1_586_32
    iii) PRS200 T17_1_486_53

Swiss Army
    i) Maverick II Chrono 241051
    ii) Chrono Classic Sku: 241120

Anyone can give me some opinion? I heard the swiss army material is better than tissot and the steel is made of surgical quality steel. Is that true? The sapphire crystal for this swiss army model is very thick and solid while the tissot one is quite thin.

Also the bracelet for swiss army is quite thick and well build. But just that this model look very casual and funky color.

While for the tissot is design is very classic. How?

Regards,
    Tiulei
    Attached Images Attached Images

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by tiulei44 View Post
    I heard the swiss army material is better than tissot and the steel is made of surgical quality steel. Is that true?
    Well, both use the steel you mentioned: it´s called 316L.

The sapphire crystal for this swiss army model is very thick and solid while the tissot one is quite thin.
    The thickness of a sapphire crystal isn´t that essential, the surface is (scratch resistance is provided by both thick and thin sapphire crystal). You can rely that the Tissot is 200m wr even if the crystal is a thin one.

I´d go for the Tissot Diver Seastar. Reliable and sturdy.

Hmm.Swiss army design look like very sporty and a bit of funky color(for these model).

I personally attracted to the thickness of the swiss army crystal, size and its chronograpg design.

But thing I doens't like is the brand doesn't have a long watchmaking history like Tissot and with it's just merged with Swiss Army few years ago, it's confuse quite a number of people( previously it was named Wenger).

I knew is a very popular watch in U.S but is know a a budget Swiss watch. And for the price I paid, it's doesn't sound like an expensive watch(perceived)

On other hand, Tissot is well known brand and with it's recently promotion with a couple of Tissot Ambassador and Ambassadress, the name is much more popular.

I did asked some girls.They questioned me ' Swiss Army Watch? You're going to pay $500 for it? Are you nuts?'

Frankly speaking both of the watches doesn't really attracted me until I forgo the price factor.

If price come into consideration+ design, I feel like I prefer Swiss Army, but then from those layman reaction, they'd laugh at me if I choose Swiss Army and I'd feel ashamed of it.

For the price of $300-$400 for Tissot, with it's quite conservative design, it really doesn't have strong attraction enough to drift me to buy it.

But with Mike opinion and others as well, I think choosing Tissot over Swiss Army is a logical choice.

In short, I'm planning to get a medium price Swiss watch which could express my unique taste. Please advice.

Regards,
    Tiulei

V8

Tissot.

heb

Hello,

If you are looking for a 30 minute analog quartz chronograph--Tissot.

If you are looking for a 12 hour analog quartz chronograph--Swiss Army.
    (I don't know if Tissot still makes any).

heb

Don't you think swiss army is more sporty than Tissot watch? Also The design doesn't really justify for the cost we paid. In U.S the price of the watch is quite cheap, just a grade higher than Timex.It's the cheapest swiss watch in U.S.

But then Tissot design is too classical even with it sport model.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information