Are Tissots known to scratch easily? i bought a tissot prs516 and straight out of the box it had

Thread: Are Tissots known to scratch easily? i bought a tissot prs516 and straight out of the box it had

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are Tissots known to scratch easily? i bought a tissot prs516 and straight out of the box it had

loads of hairline scratches on the side, so many it looked like dirt. I got my jewellery cleaning cloth and wiped it over and more scratches appeared! i use this cloth on all my watches and is hasnt scratched any of them before. I was really dissapointed because i was waiting for the watch for 2 weeks and it was my first swiss, luckily the seller has refunded me but i think i have been put off tissot now, think ill stick with the japanese brands.

Re: Are Tissots known to scratch easily? i bought a tissot prs516 and straight out of the box it had

Most of the watches use the same steel so I wouldn't expect much of a difference except for the actual finishing of the surface, which might show more of the hairline stuff or not... shouldn't be a difference, just sounds like you bought a beat-up watch.

Re: Are Tissots known to scratch easily? i bought a tissot prs516 and straight out of the box it had

I've had a T-touch SS for 7+ years. Beat the hell out of it. Looks almost good as new... I'd say they use 316L steel just like most of the manufactures. Sorry to here about your disappointment but I don't think it is related to the brand as a whole. You may had gotten a display model or something. I got Seiko's that are scratched up too but never out of the box.
    Last edited by Trendydandy; March 19th, 2013 at 00:08.
    Rolex GMT II,----gone!!!
    RGM 150 Grande Pilot
    Omega SMP (Bond),
    Ball Hydrocarbon GMT II
    Glycine KMU48/LE
    Movado Kingmatic 7750
    Hamilton X-wind
    Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono,
    Japy T08 Side Command Chrono,
    Japy T32 Diver,
    Japy Aquatic alarm,
    Tissot T-touch,
    several Citizen Eco-Drive's
    Traser Diver 6500
    Seiko Alpinist
    Seiko Spirit
    Seiko SRH006P1
    Accutron VX-200
    Accutron Breckenridge
    Aristo Drakar 2005
    Benarus Barracuda
    Zodiac Renegade
    7 G-shocks
    A couple of Russians
    few others....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

it was brand new, still had all the wrapping around it that had to be peeled off.

Are Tissots known to scratch easily? i bought a tissot prs516 and straight ou...

Quote Originally Posted by uktom84 View Post
    it was brand new, still had all the wrapping around it that had to be peeled off.
    Then it wasn't really new. Someone rewrapped it. It should come out of the package with scratches on it.

Re: Are Tissots known to scratch easily? i bought a tissot prs516 and straight ou...

I've had a Tissot PRS516 as a beater for years and I can tell you that it does not scratch easily. Very tough watch. If you got it new, return it and get a new one if you can. Can you post pictures of the damage?

Attachment 1013533
    My modest collection:
    Omega: 231.10.42.21.06.001
    , 2503.30, 2531.80, 3590.50, 2234.50, 3290.50, 2221.80
    Tissot: Le Locle , Tissot PRS516 Automatic, Tissot PRS516 Chrono Quartz, Tissot T-Touch
    Archer Aero II, Bulova precisionist, Duke mechancial, Scurfa Diver One

"If you know what you're doing... It's not research..."

Re: Are Tissots known to scratch easily? i bought a tissot prs516 and straight ou...

i havent got any pictures, maybe it happened when i took it to get the strap adjusted, just seems soft metal to me. This is the model, shame cause its a really nice looking watch in my opinion
    Attachment 1013554

Quote Originally Posted by uktom84 View Post
    i havent got any pictures, maybe it happened when i took it to get the strap adjusted, just seems soft metal to me. This is the model, shame cause its a really nice looking watch in my opinion
    Attachment 1013554
    Like previously stated, it's probably 316L stainless, and should not have come scratched right out of the box; 316L is pretty low in carbon content but it's still hard enough to resist scratching. Depending on the finish, scratches can be easier or harder to see, but again, the watch shouldn't be scratch right out of the box.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I dont see it as any different from any similarly priced watches. Good quality micro fiber cloth should not do any harm, not sure what you are using.

There's nothing about that brand or that steel that's any different from any other watches out there. You might consider that your cloth isn't appropriate for all finishes if it added scratches.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information