Told it was a Men's timepiece.
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Told it was a Men's timepiece.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Told it was a Men's timepiece.

I'm new to the luxury watch scene. My wife has been hounding me to go get a watch. So what do I do? Go to the local authorized Tag dealer to have a look at their selection. I've never spent more than a couple hundred dollars on a watch, so this was new territory for me. I proceed to look at a few pieces and finally settle on a Formula 1 chronograph. I was a unsure whether or not it was a men's or woman watch and was reassured numerous times that it in fact was a mens piece.

I purchase the piece, get home and look on Tag's website and can't seem to find the watch on their site. At first I think, that I've somehow been taken. Then I proceed over to the women's section of the site and sure enough there it is. I take it back to the jeweler and they tell me that they can't take it back since it had been sized. I literally had the watch on for 20 minutes and it went straight back on the pillow and in the box.

To make a long story short. What should I do about getting my money back. Do I have any recourse with Tag since the place I got it was an Authorized Tag dealer and I was told several times by multiple salespeople at the jeweler that it in fact was a mens watch.

When I went back I even pointed to the ad where Maria Sharipova was wearing the watch, just wish I had seen the ad before.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you like the watch who cares?

The only omega I like is a woman's only because it is 38mm

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    redcow, KindaDevil and 403acmash like this.

Seiko, Cartier Moderator Athram's Avatar

Re: Told it was a Men's timepiece.

It doesn't matter. Tag Heuer does large women's watches that are just smaller versions of the men's range.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They may have unknowingly told you that it was a men's watch. You'd be surprised at the falsehoods that come out of my co-workers mouths (I'm a watch salesman) that they honestly think it's true. If I had a dollar every time my boss called a squarish watch a "Tourneau shape" rather than the proper "Tonneau" I'd be a millionaire. Even after explaining that Tourneau is a store not a shape it hasn't sunk in yet. In your situation I'd go as high up as I could to reach a solution. If that doesn't work contact Tag Heuer and let them know how one of their authorized dealers is treating you after misleading you and misrepresenting their product. That should do it.

Forgot to mention, like the other members mentioned sometimes the women's version of a watch is identical albeit it's a few millimeters smaller. If this is the case and the watch looks balanced on your wrist then I wouldn't worry about it.
    Last edited by jtstav; August 26th, 2012 at 20:03.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Click HERE to visit my watch review channel

Regardless of whether or not it looks fine, I think that the store should do something about it. You asked the right questions about whether or not it was a men's watch, indicating that that part of it was important to you, and were reassured wrongly. If that information was important to you and was an important reason why you bought the watch, and you were in fact given the wrong info, I think that's a reason to return the watch if you want. If you buy anything which costs that much, you should be completely satisfied with it.

If they won't do anything about it, I would definitely contact Tag. They're a big company, though, and I wonder what they'd be able to do; I have no personal experience with their customer service.

If you like the watch, keep it.

With the 41mm Formula 1 ceramic models, the differences are very slight.

Name:  h_s.41_tag_heuer.jpg
Views: 1673
Size:  44.3 KBName:  MX0621.jpg
Views: 1907
Size:  36.2 KB
    Certina DS First Automatic, Tag Heuer 500m Aquaracer

Bummer. I'm not sure what you can do but I wouldn't stop at the first no. Good luck!

Did you like how the watch looked and fit when you bought it? If so just enjoy it.
    What does it look like and what are the dimensions.

If you feel you were misled then your complaint is with the seller. Not Tag.

It matters to you. You asked the question. They told you a lie. Do not accpet no for an answer. Say you will contact Tag. Say you will contact their HQ. Say you will write them a stinking reference on watch forums and name and shame their store etc.

Trust me - if it was me they would exchange the watch and get me out of their life.

I was at an AD before (but for Tissot/Swatch group) that flat out lied to me on several counts when selling me a watch before (a Seastar) - the most notable being that I would have "30 days to return the watch, if I found that I didn't like it."

Turns out that the watch was faulty anyways, by manufacture, and when I tried to return it they denied feverently that they ever said such a thing.

Long story short, Swatch group and Tissot never owned up to either the manufacture defects (widespread with this model), or the lies told at the AD, but I kept pushing the issue until I finally got to the regional sales manager, who gave me a refund because he just didn't want to deal with me anymore.

Keep pushing the issue... I'm sure that someone higher up will come to their senses.
    Last edited by Seiko_Licker; August 26th, 2012 at 20:16.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information