On top or underneath?

Thread: On top or underneath?

On top or underneath?

Been catching up on my viewing of 'The Unit' the past few nights and it has raised a question for those of you militarily minded.

I notice a lot of military guys wear their watches with the head on the inside or underneath the arm. Any particluar reason for this?

Lower visibility, easier access, no crown jamming in your wrist or the like?

I just wondered as I would never wear a watch this way in case I scratched the crystal when i was sitting down or had my arm on a desk or the like.
    Regards

Colin

Omega Seamaster Pro COSC (Bond)
    Seiko 007 on various natos
    UK Military Divers 200M Quartz
    Seiko Kinetic Diver (Boss)

N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"

Re: On top or underneath?

I notice a lot of military guys wear their watches with the head on the inside or underneath the arm. Any particluar reason for this?
    So it doesn't get all tangled up in the camo-net.

Personally, I'd never wear my watch face-down. I'd be afraid that it would get scratched or damaged, thus costing valuable dollars that are already allocated to the next purchase.
    Scott

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lysanderxiii View Post
    So it doesn't get all tangled up in the camo-net.
    The buttons on the sleeve can be a ..... too

Lightbulb Re: On top or underneath?

Quote Originally Posted by colinmet View Post
    Been catching up on my viewing of 'The Unit' the past few nights and it has raised a question for those of you militarily minded.

Lower visibility, easier access, no crown jamming in your wrist or the like?

I just wondered as I would never wear a watch this way in case I scratched the crystal when i was sitting down or had my arm on a desk or the like.
    Good question. The only explanation that comes to mind, besides the ones already given, is when you are holding both hands on a pistol, you can easily see your wrists very easily, and hence you can easily see a watch worn on the underside of your wrist.

Van Damage

I think this is a result of wearing watches with oversized bracelets, where gravity soon inverts the watch position. The wearer then gets used to the new watch position, if that makes sense? i've found wearing the watch underside is too uncomfortable, but thats me.

Thread Information