Toppers Review of the new Ball SpringLOCK Cannonball
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By samanator

Thread: Toppers Review of the new Ball SpringLOCK Cannonball

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Toppers Review of the new Ball SpringLOCK Cannonball

This is so nicely done I figured I'd share it outside the Ball forum.

The Ball Trainmaster Cannonball II: The Dress Chronograph with SpringLOCK

Click this bar to view the original image of 822x550px.

The New BALL Cannonball II with SpringLOCK.

BALL's SpringLOCK technology, is rolling out in three models this month: The Cannonball II, Hydrocarbon Airborne, and Spacemaster Blackrock. While the latter two watches are both sport watches, the Cannonball II is the only dress watch coming this fall that will feature this new technology. Aside from providing the more robust SpringLOCK technology, the Cannonball II has a lot to offer as it combines an attractive new gray dial with a few refinements to the Cannonball I's design.

SpringLOCK, is Ball's proprietary innovation that protects a watch movement's hairspring. The hairspring is the most vulnerable component in a mechanical watch, and the main reason why even high-grade chronometer movements lose accuracy when exposed to mild repetitive shock. We discussed the effectiveness of SpringLOCK in June when Kiss Drummer Eric Singer tested two SpringLOCK equipped prototypes and my Engineer Master II Skin Diver as a control. Eric Singer SpringLOCK Test Results During the concert, The two SpringLOCK watches were exceptional while my SkinDiver lost a great deal of accuracy.

The Cannonball movement is an attractive setting to provide the first production view of SpringLOCK. The movement features pearlage on the bridges and base-plate, a patterned rotor, and blued screws. The SpringLOCK cage is the gold colored disk inside the gold colored balance wheel.

(For the the full review and photo follow this link:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f239/ba...ck-936339.html)

Last edited by samanator; November 3rd, 2013 at 21:43.
    ev13wt likes this.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Thread Information