Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Tough time: Victorinox Inox Collection

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Watchuseek Editor

Tough time: Victorinox Inox Collection

Name:  3655806653.jpg
Views: 5103
Size:  24.1 KB

The Victorinox Swiss Army Inox collection pays tribute to the 130th anniversary of Victorinox and is designed as a tangible link between watchmaking and the company’s world famous Swiss Army knife. (“Inox” being the French word for stainless steel, the material used both for knife blades and for the watch’s stamped, machined case.)

Sturdily built Inox watches can withstand just about any punishment you care to mete out. They can withstand a 10-metre drop onto concrete, being driven over by a 64-ton tank, and, as a more realistic possibility, spending two hours in a washing machine or even being caught in a full scale sandstorm.

Name:  Victorinox_Swiss_Army_Inox_blue_560.jpg
Views: 4791
Size:  38.3 KB

In testing the watches were even exposed to corrosive agents including gasoline, solvents, oils, cleaning products and insecticides.

Water resistant to 200 metres, the 3mm Inox series is 43 mm featuring a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with triple non-reflective treatment and a screwed-on stainless steel case back.

The dial comes in black, navy blue and khaki green, with matching rubber straps. For extra protection, the axis and attachment of the hour and minute hand are reinforced, while the lugs are protected against warping and solidified by a crossbar, and the elevated bezel guards the crystal and the crown.

Name:  Victorinox_Swiss_Army_Inox_green_560.jpg
Views: 4696
Size:  37.9 KB

Each timepiece is shielded from impacts by the Inox’s signature feature, a removable “bumper” made of silicone and nylon that attaches to the case without obscuring any of the information on the dial.

The Victorinox Swiss Army Inox watch is powered by a Swiss Ronda quartz movement 715 calibre and retails at $525. The watches will be on sale from September 2014.

Visit the Victorinox website
    Last edited by Michael Weare; August 23rd, 2014 at 11:22.
    Quotron, Iyonk and backarelli like this.

Re: Tough time: Victorinox Inox Collection

Nice watch. The bumper reminds me of a swatchguard

pix not mine

Name:  Swatch-with-gaurd.jpg
Views: 4613
Size:  17.1 KB
    Donf and OvrSteer like this.

I don't know....If it's so tough you can run over it with a tank, why does it need rubber bumpers...
    Anyone buys that, I got this bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell....
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I get it, I do. But what strikes me as kinda funny is that if the watch is so tough, why do we need a protective bumper?

Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    I don't know....If it's so tough you can run over it with a tank, why does it need rubber bumpers...
    If you're doing really sporty stuff, I bet it's nice to scratch up the bumper, then take it off for more civilized activities. Replace a cheap bumper every once in a while.

I mean, you're a smart guy, you could have figured that out yourself. C'mon.
    dbostedo and 6tffd like this.
    Nomos Zürich Weltzeit • Omega Speedmaster Pro • Sinn UX

Well, I would love to see the proof. Place it without the ugly plastic bumper on concrete and run it over with an M1. Or better yet how about a 5 tom steam roller instead. The watches looks nice without the ugly bumper. If it is cheap enough on sale I might do it as a beater.

Oh, and I have left many watches in my pockets and they have gone into both the washing machine and the dryer.

Quote Originally Posted by akasnowmaaan View Post
    If you're doing really sporty stuff, I bet it's nice to scratch up the bumper, then take it off for more civilized activities. Replace a cheap bumper every once in a while.

I mean, you're a smart guy, you could have figured that out yourself. C'mon.
    Yes,but the bumpers and a tank running over it? Are the bumpers that good?
    anyway...want to buy my bridge?
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    anyway...want to buy my bridge?
    Sweeten the deal with a Rolex and I'll consider it.
    Nomos Zürich Weltzeit • Omega Speedmaster Pro • Sinn UX

I like the watch less it's bumper guard.

Sounds good until you think about it - they fail to mention what surface the tank/watch were on. Watch on concrete=toast. Watch on sand or soft soil= dirty but undamaged watch. Still I like the colors - nice camping watch.

But my thought was, if this is supposed to be such a super indestructible, over the top, watch why only 200 meters WR? That's basically daily wearer territory nowadays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information