Tourbillon

Thread: Tourbillon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tourbillon

I've been looking for a watch to substitute my old analog. The tourbillon watches, however, really struck my eye. Unfortunately, most of those watches are in the $1000+ range, while the most I would spend on a watch is $400. Can someone help me find a good tourbillon watch?

Re: Tourbillon

Chinese made can get you a better price, not sure if they're worth it or not, but you can try Sea-Gull.

I went to the Sea Gull site, and the prices were in the $3000 range

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

seagull Tourbillons start around $3K usd and up. seagull is the high end of china watches. You might want to try some other brands, but around the $500 range you might end up with those open faced non tourbillons pretending to be a real tourbillon. cheapest i think I ever saw of a real tourbillon was over 1K.
    Yee olde box of watches:
    Tag Aquaracer (blue waffle face)
    Orient CFT00002M (orange skele face)
    Casio G-Cool (GT-000), prt-40, and a 18 year old casio (DW-1100),
    casio GWM-5600-1.

V8

I don't think you are going to find a tourbillon for $400, you might get lucky on ebay though.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

I assume you realize that Chinese options are pretty much all you have. A swiss tourbillon will cost you something like $40,000 at the least.

I know, but do you think I can find something like the watch shown here?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP1rsUHkK3s

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo11 View Post
    I've been looking for a watch to substitute my old analog. The tourbillon watches, however, really struck my eye. Unfortunately, most of those watches are in the $1000+ range, while the most I would spend on a watch is $400. Can someone help me find a good tourbillon watch?
    I'd be very, very surprised if you could find a Tourbillon for 400. Even used in mint condition should be hard to realize. Anyway: Good luck.

The one on the right set me back around $425 new. You can still find em on ebay and there is a similar model with power reserve indicator for a little more. The strap is a hadley roma gator on deployant buckle.

Wow, that looks amazing! Although, considering the price involved, I think I'll wait until all my schooling is finished until I pay for a high end watch. Thanks everyone.

By the way, why need power reserve indicator? I thought these watches don't need external winding.
    Last edited by vertigo11; January 9th, 2009 at 01:24.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information