Tourneau TNY Series
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Tourneau TNY Series

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tourneau TNY Series

I've been recently looking for a new watch and I can't find one that I truly like (in my price range). However, I remember going to Tourneau one day to look at an Oris, and this watch caught my eye. I tried it on and liked it instantly. I especially love the simplistic styling. However, I thought the price was high considering it's a house brand and Tourneau is notorious for not giving discounts. Fast forward to now, and while browsing on Toruneau's site, I noticed the price on their watches had dropped a few hundred dollars from what I remember, making the watch a much better value.

Here's my dilemma, I have not heard too much about Tourneau's watches, good or bad. I wanted to get opinions before I go to the store to check them out again. Does anyone have any experience with these? Also, what is the general opinion on manual watches? I own automatic watches but do not know how I feel about have to wind my watch. This may be a problem because the 44mm in the style I like, only comes in manual.

EDIT: for reference, the 44mm is $1,800 and the 40mm is $1,950. I know I can get $300 off both of those prices.

Below are pictures of the watch I am referring to.

And the 40mm Automatic that I also like.

Re: Tourneau TNY Series

The 44mm manual is probably a Unitas 6498 movement. Pretty robust, former pocket watch movement. It'll tick pretty loudly.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Do a search, this watch has been covered before.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    Do a search, this watch has been covered before.
    I did a search and only found 1 thread with this watch covered in it. No real facts were in the thread about the watch, it was basically a discussion about Tourneau's discount policy.
    stratct likes this.

Banned

I am under the impression this is a new line for Tourneau. As such there isn't a lot of experience with them. You can find dozens of threads on WUS and other fora discussions debating Tourneau brand quality. Unfortunately there is no consensus as apparently it has varied.

If I liked the looks, the price, and the warranty I'd go for it. If Ray is right (and he usually is) it's a good movement. I think think the 44mm model is sharp looking.

If Ray is right (and he usually is) it's a good movement.
    Well I do get lucky once in a while:

http://www.tourneau.com/shop/brand/t...eccanico-8464p

TNY Series 'Rush Hour' Special Edition | Tourneau
    Last edited by Ray MacDonald; February 16th, 2013 at 04:08.
    marchone likes this.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Since you like this style (and why wouldn't you as it's simple elegance is very nice) and you will be going back to Tourneau to see it again, I would highly recommend you look at Nomos while you're there. The style is very very similar. ANd even at their lower price point of $1900, you'd be getting an in-house manufacture movement. If you use the searh bar, you'll find lot's of love for Nomos here on WUS.
    bacari likes this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Hi sir! I really like the TnY series from Tourneau, the design came from a former Panerai designer. The thing that has prevented me from getting a new one is the second hand prices drop a lot, so if that sort of thing matters to you I'd suggest used or buying from Ebay. Otherwise, it is a reliable watch with a great case design. There are no bracelets for it either, so it will strictly be a strap watch.
    marchone likes this.

I bought a couple of Tourneau watches about 8 years ago - one for myself and one for one of my high performing employees. I am not at all familiar with this model but if it speaks to you and the price is right, buy it. For me, that price seems a bit steep unless you love it more than any other watch in that price range. I know I paid a small fraction of that price for the two Tourneau I purchased.
    Rolex Submariner
    Zenith Chronomaster XT Open El Primero

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 Limited Edition
    Kobold Comanche
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Sinn U1
    Alpina Extreme Diver

Maurice Lacroix Miros
    Ball B&O First Mile

Edox Classe Royale Open Heart Automatic
    Shinola Brakeman 46

Luminox 3000 Navy Seal Diver