tourneau watch service

Thread: tourneau watch service

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

tourneau watch service

has anyone had a watch touched up at a tourneau? they said they can make it look brand new again. i have breitling i wear all the time. it has lots of scratches on the bracelet, etc. normal wear in tear. i think it costs upwards of $200 to get the service. is it worth it? anyone get it done before? thanks

Re: tourneau watch service

It shouldn't cost anywhere near that and it depends on the skill of the
    service guy. If it's done right a Breitling bracelet is very labour intensive.

Personally, I feel that at $200, you might as well send it in to Breitling for a full service, which will include a full polish/touch-up. Costs a bit more but you do get the full service as well, in case that isn't included in Tourneu's service. Downside might be that Breitling service would take longer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i did not think of sending it to the manufactuere. just call them up and ask procedure?

I wouldnt send any watch to Tourneau, rip offs. As said, send it to Breitling for a service (movement, gaskets) and they will send it back looking new. If not send to Jack at IWW.

Regards,

Ren

Instead of the OP spending $200 on a case polish, he's now going to be spending $500 on a complete service.
    -Jarrod

200 for a full service from Breitling?!
    Quote Originally Posted by spluurfg View Post
    Personally, I feel that at $200, you might as well send it in to Breitling for a full service, which will include a full polish/touch-up. Costs a bit more but you do get the full service as well, in case that isn't included in Tourneu's service. Downside might be that Breitling service would take longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    200 for a full service from Breitling?!
    Yep, if you read my post, that's precisely what I had posted.

Quote Originally Posted by nicknj View Post
    has anyone had a watch touched up at a tourneau? they said they can make it look brand new again. i have breitling i wear all the time. it has lots of scratches on the bracelet, etc. normal wear in tear. i think it costs upwards of $200 to get the service. is it worth it? anyone get it done before? thanks
    I wouldn't spend upwards of $200 just to have the scratches buffed out. Every time you have the watch worked on you're loosing some material. If the watch were really worn looking I might have it taken care of when it goes in for a movement service, but even then only if it looked really bad.

If you just can't stand whatever scratches are on your watch and you have to get it taken care of before the normal service, find someone who'll do it locally. Does Tourneau do it on site or do they mail it off somewhere?

They will usually do it on site if there's a service guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by HilltopMichael View Post
    I wouldn't spend upwards of $200 just to have the scratches buffed out. Every time you have the watch worked on you're loosing some material. If the watch were really worn looking I might have it taken care of when it goes in for a movement service, but even then only if it looked really bad.

If you just can't stand whatever scratches are on your watch and you have to get it taken care of before the normal service, find someone who'll do it locally. Does Tourneau do it on site or do they mail it off somewhere?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information