Tourneau watches at TJMaxx???

Thread: Tourneau watches at TJMaxx???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tourneau watches at TJMaxx???

Hi Guys,
    I was browsing my local TJMaxx today and saw something of interest.
    A couple of weeks ago I was at a TJMaxx in a different town, about an hour from my house. And I saw a Tourneau brand watch there in the case along with the Kenneth Coles, Stuhrlings, and Swiss Armies etc.. My wife was ready to go, so I didn't have time to examine it. Then today at TJMaxx I see another Tourneau brand watch. Now, I was curiously asking myself and now I'm asking you. Would this be the same Tourneau brand carried the same fine watch retailer bearing the same name? If it is. How do their watches end up at TJMaxx? I've been to Tourneau and saw that the asking prices for their watches are right up there with the best of em'. So I'm a little confused. I gotta see this for myself. I had the girl take the watch out for me. It came in a really nice leather covered, wooden box. The watch is silver tone s/s with a chronograph dial. It had a quartz movement. Black dial and white sub dials. No info in my quick examination on the model of it. But, for your interest and mine I took a quick pic of it with my camera phone when the girl turned away for a moment. Sorry best I could do with a 2mm quick phone pic in a hurry. Like I said the watch is all silver tone even though it appears in my lousy photograph as two tone. Tell me what you think? also- I almost forgot the most important question you might ask... The TJMaxx price for this watch was $499.99. I forgot to look at the compare to: price on the tag.

Last edited by hansomegq67; February 26th, 2010 at 20:21.

Re: Tourneau watches at TJMaxx???

That is indeed the same Tourneau, Tj-maxx seems to be getting in some high end watches.
    Horological Mastermind

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Horology View Post
    That is indeed the same Tourneau, Tj-maxx seems to be getting in some high end watches.
    I guess the white glove treatment is over for this little guy now huh?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hansomegq67 View Post
    I guess the white glove treatment is over for this little guy now huh?

Well since it's just a quartz chrono at $499, I don't think it really needs the white glove treatment.

A member on another forum just picked up a high end Swiss made chrono with ETA 251.272, he paid

$475 for it, and it sells for over $700 else where...I can't remember the name off hand.
    Last edited by Mr Horology; February 26th, 2010 at 20:32.
    Horological Mastermind

Heavens to mergatroid, what's next, Tiffany at Costco or maybe Seagull at Cellini at the Waldorf?

The real reason that spiked my curiosity is, I thought that the Tourneau brand was Torneau's in house brand exclusive to them. I didn't expect to find one in another retail outlet. Much less a TJMaxx!

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    Heavens to mergatroid, what's next, Tiffany at Costco or maybe Seagull at Cellini at the Waldorf?

Well Costco has some Breitling and Omegas, so maybe Tiffany's aren't that far off LOL.
    Horological Mastermind

The real reason that spiked my curiosity is, I thought that the Tourneau brand was Torneau's in house brand exclusive to them. I didn't expect to find one in another retail outlet. Much less a TJMaxx!

I guess with the economy the way it is, you never know what you will find and where..
    Horological Mastermind

Maybe the 'T' stands for Tourneau.

I'll have to check out this Costco place. There is one about 40 min. drive from where I live. They are like BJ's or Sam's club right? Do you need a membership to buy there?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information