Trading up? To sell or not to sell-thin herd for 1 sheep?

Thread: Trading up? To sell or not to sell-thin herd for 1 sheep?

Confused Trading up? To sell or not to sell-thin herd for 1 sheep?

I have been going back and forth with selling some of my watches with the exception of 1, to buy 1 "grail" watch-------Hublot Man United Red Devils watch.
    I am just torn, because I buy each watch I have now for reason/purpose.....even though I always find myself wearing the same one 90% of the time.
    A watch collector once told me you will eventually thin out your herd to acquire less and more expensive watch/watches.
    I think I may be at that point.
    What would be the best way to market/sell what I currently have to get the best money possible?

Re: Trading up? To sell or not to sell-thin herd for 1 sheep?

While I can't say I'm a Hublot fan I prefer quality over quantity. Sell 'em all!

You can use the Sales Corner here if you obey the Rules. And no posts in this forum please.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I say sell em. I just did this, and I find I don't even miss the ones that are gone.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Ozy

you cant wear em all...all the time.
    Pavo absolutus

What kind of watches are we thinking about offing in order to acquire that Hublot? I must say, that watch is awfully flashy. I looks like an Invicta and a G-Shock had a lovechild.

I just went through a thinning process in reverse with my dive watches. I purchased a semi grail watch first and am seeing which watches will get wrist time and which ones will have to go. I have ZERO regrets with my purchase but definitely want to make sure I have ZERO regrets in selling any of my current watches.

I'm doing the same process with my pocket watch collection trying to keep about 5 out of many.

As far as marketing and getting the most money it's been already suggested to use the sales forum so that would be a good start. There are other avenues to sell your watches but many members are always looking for their next watch.

Best of luck in your journey!

It really depends on what/how many watches you'd be selling and how much that Hublot means to you. Personally, I find that watch rather unattractive and insanely overpriced, thus I would recommend you think long and hard before dumping your entire collection into that particular piece. With the $20K you'd be blowing on the Hublot you could buy one or two far nicer, and far more versatile pieces, in my opinion.

Thread Information