trading watches

Thread: trading watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

trading watches

can anyone tell me the safest way to preform a watch trade with another member.
    first time to try and trade and i'm unsure how to go about trading and swaping
    with international traders safely.
    Hate to send a watch and not get anything back

trading watches

Hate to send a watch and not get anything back:thanks

Re: trading watches

Quote Originally Posted by pedro44 View Post
    Hate to send a watch and not get anything back:thanks

i think the best way is to trade with someone who has good feedback. does not necessarily the feedback has to be on WUS. it could be ebay or some other forums. like what everyone says, "buy the seller".

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

+1 with the previous poster.

I've conducted one very successful trade on WUS. In my case the responder to my ad offered to send their watch to me for approval first. If I approved I was to send my watch back in return or return their offered watch. The offered watch checked out great so the trade was a success.

I'd be wary of conducting a trade with new forum members though until they have a track record here.

I've done lots of trades here at WUS, even one with a brand new member (1 post...scary!). I took a chance on the noob and he was just fine - keep in mind that we were dealing $60 watches and the transaction was within the US.

Like the other guys said; make sure you get references and develop some level of trust with the other party. It is best to stick with well-established members with references you can check (WUS, TZ, Watchnet, etc). Really, when trading, it's all about trust as you have nothing else to go on. You're putting full faith into the other member to live up to their end of the deal, and you have no real documentation to protect you in the event of a ripoff.

The trades I have completed (all <$200USD total) went like this:
    a) reach a mutual agreement with trade partner
    b) check references or research (Googling the person's username or real name can sometimes be very helpful)
    c) both parties ship watches to each other simultaneously (each person pays their own shipping costs)

I suppose a possible way to "secure" the transaction would be to PayPal each other the value of the watch. That may provide some recourse in the event of a no-show, as you could file a dispute with PayPal as non-receipt. I have never done this, and I'm sure there are other WUS'ers that can chime in with pros/cons of this method.
    Omega | Breitling | Citizen | Tag Heuer | G-Shock | Oris | Dievas | Marathon | Seiko | Hamilton | Helbros | Sinn | Fortis

Searching the planet for: Kobold Endurance II in blue

Use a neutral third party (3P). Both of you send your respective watches to the 3P, and when both arrive, the 3P sends the watches to their new owners. If the other watch does not arrive, then you get get your watch back. Of course, the 3P will likely want a small fee for the service.

D

There is only one rule: Only deal with people that wont rip you off. Its up to you to figure out who you think those people are.

If anything, I might imagine that as a new member here, you may have difficulty finding somebody that would feel confident trading with you.

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Moved from WTT. Remember, people, no discussions/offers/comments/references in Sales/WTT/WTB/Strap sales. This applies to discussion threads and to replies in someone else's thread.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Any chance a WUS member (of good standing) or a moderator could be roped into to be 3rd party referee, ie receive the watches and on send them? For a small fee? Out of the goodness of their heart?

stuffler,mike

Two threads merged. Please delete double postings next time. TIA.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information