Traser Classic Automatics

Thread: Traser Classic Automatics

Traser Classic Automatics

Does ANYONE know why Traser discontinued their Classic Automatic line of watches? This includes the Classic Automatic Black, Classic Automatic Pro Blue, and Classic Automatic Pro.
    I just bought a used Traser Classic Automatic black, and I absolutely love it. I cant figure out why the company is not making or selling them anymore.
    The used ETA 2824-2 movements, and where top of the line quality. And the price point on them was out of this world good.
    The tritium vials were also top notch.
    Here are some pics of the watches.

ANY and ALL information would be greatly appreciated. Someone please tell me why this fantastic watch is no longer made.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Rmmiller1985; October 11th, 2012 at 16:30. Reason: added pictures

Re: Traser Classic Automatics

One assumes that they weren't making money selling them. The other assumption you can make is that they didn't want to make watches with out ETA movements so they discontinued the line.
    Current Watches:
    Seiko 7T34-7A3W Chrono, Kienzle Automatic, Modded Orient Black Mako, Cyma Big Date 459.200 ST ST 03B, Seiko SBDC001 'Sumo'

As the previous poster stated, not making money may be the reason.

I bought mine under $500 brand new. For GTLS, and ETA 2824-2 elaboré it not bad. At this price point I usually see standard version of ETA movements (at least in watches I wanted to buy).

Seems like Traser directed advertising to emergency services and military, where g-shocks and quartz analog rule the day.

Congrats BTW. I love mine. It was, and is +4 sec per day since I got it.

Sent from my VS840 4G
    Last edited by samael_6978; October 11th, 2012 at 17:13.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Traser Classic Automatics

Even if Traser decided to raise the price, I would still buy them. The design is AWSOME. Most of the tritium autos on the market today are HUGE 43mm++++ diameter and 14mm+ height.
    The Traser Auto classic is a fraction of this size at 40mm diameter and 11-12mm in height.
    And later models even had a sapphire case back.

Thread Information