Travel Clock

Thread: Travel Clock

Travel Clock

Does anyone have any recommendations for a digital travel clock? The LED light has gone dark (maybe it's a DED now instead of an LED) on my old Brookstone travel alarm and I like to be able to see what time it is on the road if I wake up in the middle of the night.

I tried Amazon, but it doesn't seem like there is any consensus on a good travel alarm.

Alpha SMP, Blue Sub, MilSub, Pepsi GMT, P.O. black
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m 2221.80.00
    Orient Black, Blue, Orange & Yellow Mako, Black Sub, CEX0R001B, Orient Star WZ0111EL
    Seiko 7N43-6A09, #SNA548, #SND721P1
    Steinhart Ocean-1 Blue-Red GMT

Next Up: ?

Re: Travel Clock

Quote Originally Posted by nbourbaki View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a digital travel clock? The LED light has gone dark (maybe it's a DED now instead of an LED) on my old Brookstone travel alarm and I like to be able to see what time it is on the road if I wake up in the middle of the night.

I tried Amazon, but it doesn't seem like there is any consensus on a good travel alarm.
    I think Timex makes one.You just press the bar to see what time it is.It is indiglo of course.

I travel a couple of times a month all over the U.S. on business for several days at a time and for the last 20 years I've used only a Bulova wind-up, fold-up alarm clock. They can be found for $29.95.

I also carry a mini-LED flashlight and keep both next to the bed at night.

I can usually see the lume on the clock but the light helps also and I use the light when I need to use the head at night, it's a lifesaver rather than stumbling around in a strange room.

The wind-up clock has never failed me, and I tried battery powered clocks and always worry the battery will die.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Have been using a Casio PQ15-1K for years:

http://www.jr.com/casio/pe/CAS_PQ15_hy_1K/

Do you have a cell phone?
    As much as us WISes might hate to admit it, a cell phone is, at times, more practical than a watch or clock. A travel alarm is one of those times.
    Cell phones have alarm tones that are incredibly loud (you know that guy with the annoying ringtone you can hear across the room? that kind of loud.) You can hook your charger up next to the nightstand, set the alarm, and forget about it. If you need to know the time in the middle of the night, wear your watch to bed, or just pick up your cell phone and look at it. If you need a light, bring a small flashlight (I recommend this) or use your cell phone.
    Collection
    The Keepers: Breitling Superocean Steelfish, Doxa Sub 300 Professional (50th anniversay reissue, #299/300), Omega Speedmaster Professional, Scurfa Diver One, Shinola Runwell 47mm, Tissot Quadrato Chrono

The Flipped: Too many to count...

Luminox just came out with a tritium travel clock you might want to check out.
    Current Rotation:

ROLEX Submariner 114060
    ROLEX Explorer II 216570
    SEIKO Marine Master SBDX012
    PANERAI Submersible PAM00682
    ORIS TT1 Diver Date

OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M
    OMEGA Speedmaster Pro Moon
    DOXA Sub 1200T Professional
    ALPINA Startimer Pilot Chrono

...20+ SEIKOs

INSTAGRAM:
    da
    mianwojo

Quote Originally Posted by nbourbaki View Post

Radio Shack, Walmart and Target have them in my area. It's not something to spend much money or time shopping from imho.

Thread Information