Travel tips for Zürich?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Travel tips for Zürich?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Member Rifish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    147

    Travel tips for Zürich?

    I'm going to travel Zürich and I have time to make some day trips to elsewhere, for example to Le Locle. Does any watch brand offer factory tours?

    Or any other tips what watch enthusiastic could do in Zürich and on it's neighbourhood? Uhrenmuseum Bayern is of course on my list.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    462

    Re: Travel tips for Zürich?

    My travel tip would be take lots of money...
    Ipromise likes this.

  3. #3
    Member Rifish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by 8Days View Post
    My travel tip would be take lots of money...
    Bought already four watches in this year so on this trip I have to consentrate on other things than shopping.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Longjean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,095

    Re: Travel tips for Zürich?

    Use the tram to get around and take a boat trip on the lake.

    Do not buy any watches in Switzerland unless you are Swiss.

  6. #5
    Member MissileExpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,331

    Re: Travel tips for Zürich?

    I don't recall any horology exhibits there, but the Swiss National Museum in Zurich is one of the better museums in the world. It's small, but everything in there is top notch quality. The Hall of Arms is worth the trip alone.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    109

    Re: Travel tips for Zürich?

    I really like H Moser watches, and they're based in Schaffhausen. I believe that's less than an hour from Zurich; might be worth checking out whether they give tours.

  8. #7
    Member Barge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,292

    Re: Travel tips for Zürich?

    Even if you don't buy any watches you'll still need more than you might think. Restaurants are very expensive. As are taxi's, I would avoid them. Public transit isn't cheap but it is excellent. Daycards can be great deals. check out the after 9 card. Currently one of the big grocery stores, CooP has a cheap day card good for all of Switzerland.
    I don't know of any watch brands that offer factory tours.
    The MIH museum is near Le Locle in La Chaux-de-Fonds and is worth a visit.

    I've heard that Omega in Biel and IWC in Schaffhausen have museums but haven't seen them yet. Zurich is a great place for watch window shopping. Most of the brands have boutiques on the Bahnhofstrasse (it's getting ridicolous). There are also many second hand watch shops sprinkled around the old town.

    Zurich's newest boutique
    Last edited by Barge; August 24th, 2018 at 10:11.
    Alpina, Frederique Constant, Girard-Perregaux, Glycine, Mido, NORD Zeitmachine, Omega, Oris, Poljot, Seiko, Swatch, Tissot, Tutima, Ulysse Nardin, Zenith

  9. #8
    Member Barge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,292

    Re: Travel tips for Zürich?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rifish View Post
    I'm going to travel Zürich and I have time to make some day trips to elsewhere, for example to Le Locle. Does any watch brand offer factory tours?

    Or any other tips what watch enthusiastic could do in Zürich and on it's neighbourhood? Uhrenmuseum *Beyer* is of course on my list.
    Also on the bahnhofstrasse.
    Alpina, Frederique Constant, Girard-Perregaux, Glycine, Mido, NORD Zeitmachine, Omega, Oris, Poljot, Seiko, Swatch, Tissot, Tutima, Ulysse Nardin, Zenith

  10. #9
    Member Rifish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by brianboisseree View Post
    I really like H Moser watches, and they're based in Schaffhausen. I believe that's less than an hour from Zurich; might be worth checking out whether they give tours.
    Thanks for this. I just asked about this and they have factory tours for groups but those cost 300 CHF. A bit too much for four people.

  11. #10
    Member Rifish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Barge View Post
    Even if you don't buy any watches you'll still need more than you might think. Restaurants are very expensive. As are taxi's, I would avoid them. Public transit isn't cheap but it is excellent. Daycards can be great deals. check out the after 9 card. Currently one of the big grocery stores, CooP has a cheap day card good for all of Switzerland.
    I don't know of any watch brands that offer factory tours.
    The MIH museum is near Le Locle in La Chaux-de-Fonds and is worth a visit.
    Thanks for these tips.

    When you are come to Zürich from Finland, living costs shouldn't be a big issue🙂

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 2
      Last Post: December 10th, 2007, 13:21
    2. Replies: 0
      Last Post: October 29th, 2007, 23:20
    3. Any tips for installing the bracelet on a SMG-1
      By Matthew J. in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: August 10th, 2007, 04:46
    4. Recommend travel wallet for watches.
      By Call_me_Tom in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: August 5th, 2007, 20:35
    5. Lighting tips for photography
      By Graeme in forum DOXA S.A.
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: March 12th, 2007, 14:22

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •