Trend for 2009

Thread: Trend for 2009

Trend for 2009

Saw this article for trends for watches in 2009. It appears it's mainly for really affordable watches, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

Moderator: the link was dead as reported by other forum members so I deleted it - you may wish to repost the link but verify that it works first without a cookie or login
    Last edited by Eric L.; January 11th, 2009 at 23:33. Reason: dead link

Re: Trend for 2009

Link was dead.
    Lots of dive watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric L. View Post
    Link was dead.
    Sorry. Try this -- http://............/a6j8fe

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Your link is still broken (it looks like you went through MS passport to get there) - but here is the fixed link:

http://www.mercurynews.com/style/ci_...=1&forced=true
    Lots of dive watches.

V8

Wow, great article. Some AP hack reporting on watch trends with information from Movado and Armitron.

Here is an interesting tidbit:

"During challenging times, styles can be more subtle as consumers are feeling sensitive to the difficulties around them."

are you kidding me? what kind of marketing drivel is that?

Sorry for the rant but this type of crap is why nobody reads newspapers anymore.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

"You can also make delicacy a masculine thing. Some of Armitron's bestselling men's styles right now have mother-of-pearl faces, or subtle diamond or crystal accents. "There are interesting things that can be done with the design of masculine watches with materials that, in the past, might have been considered too feminine for men from a brand like Armitron,""

"Leach says. A favorite, she says, is the bracelet band — which tends to do well in down economic times because its work for casual and dressy occasions."

yeah were all gonna wear fru fru chick watches this year. glad they got a horological giant like Armitron to get answers.

and i love the part of economic times, where were all gonna get a bracelet watch so we can wear it for casual and dressy events! umm, but if im so broke im resulting in one watch, im not going to afford any "dressy occasion". last time i went, black tie events didnt allow the "tuxedo t-shirt" .

Sorry, that was the worst article from one of the least knowledgable people on timepieces ive read in a while.

i think the trend is going to be more attention getting levers and knobs, such as what Graham is doing. in order to get more attention,

and i also think this year, white is the new black.

Quote Originally Posted by polaco23 View Post
    "
    yeah were all gonna wear fru fru chick watches this year. glad they got a horological giant like Armitron to get answers.

and i love the part of economic times, where were all gonna get a bracelet watch so we can wear it for casual and dressy events! umm, but if im so broke im resulting in one watch, im not going to afford any "dressy occasion". last time i went, black tie events didnt allow the "tuxedo t-shirt" .

Sorry, that was the worst article from one of the least knowledgable people on timepieces ive read in a while.
    Hee-hee. You hit all those points on the nose. I was rolling my eyes when I saw that article, but I just had to share.

Thread Information