Tried on a couple Rolex watches
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Donf

Thread: Tried on a couple Rolex watches

Tried on a couple Rolex watches

I was in the area of the closest Rolex dealer and decided to walk in. I talked to the sales woman who didn't seem particularly knowledgeable. I asked to try on the Explorer and I had to show her what I was talking about. It was the only Explorer in the case. My impression was it was too small for me. With the lighting it was kind of hard to read with the shiny numerals. She commented my Stowa Marine Original was much larger but it was only 2mm difference. I guess it just wears large. I then saw a new Sea Dweller 4000. I could wear that watch every day and be happy except for the fact that it was 12k with no discount. It was a terrific watch and was really in my sweet spot as far as size but I could never afford a watch that expensive. They did have a Submariner with date and I tried that and it was okay but not super readable for my 52 year old eyes. The hands seem a little thin, the dial a little small and the cyclops kind of jumbled things up a bit. It was fun trying them on but I doubt Rolex is in my future.
    Rolex Explorer 214270, Doxa Sub 1200t professional, Tag Heuer Formula 1, Seiko SBBN015 Tuna, Seiko modded 6309, Citizen Ecozilla, Casio G-Shock GW 5000

Re: Tried on a couple Rolex watches

Quote Originally Posted by markdeerhunter View Post
    It was fun trying them on but I doubt Rolex is in my future.
    Like I haven't heard THAT one before........................
    dandylion likes this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post
    Like I haven't heard THAT one before........................
    Well, maybe if my financial situation changes. That Sea Dweller was really nice.
    Rolex Explorer 214270, Doxa Sub 1200t professional, Tag Heuer Formula 1, Seiko SBBN015 Tuna, Seiko modded 6309, Citizen Ecozilla, Casio G-Shock GW 5000

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm not normally a fan of the 42 mm thing, but it sounds like the current Explorer II might be worth considering, as it's one of the most legible good watches available. They're considerably less expensive than the new Sea-Dweller, too, especially if you check private secondhand sales listings.

Pre-owned and vintage, my friend. Wait it out. I say life is short; make a sport out of acquiring the watches you really covet, and oh, the fun you'll have.

Enjoy the STOWA and wear it in good health. The prices are a bit steep, no doubt.

Thread Information