Trigger finger getting itchy...

Thread: Trigger finger getting itchy...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Trigger finger getting itchy...

Been looking forward to my next acquisition and am starting to get itchy to execute. I travel a lot and thus wanted a GMT time piece. Ok, in reality I don't actually need the feature, since I've gotten so much practice doing it in my head, I actually just like the complication.

Initially I wanted this piece:

I really like it -- the right size at 39mm (I have small wrists) and 11mm thick. I find the rotating inner 24hr bezel neat, and it doesn't compromise the legibility. However, I realized that due to daylight savings, certain cities which do not practice daylight savings would be wrong half the year. This is important since my company has offices in Asia. Plus I already have an Evidenza and the styling would be somewhat similar.

Then I got to thinking about this one:

I really like it... I was considering it when I originally got my Longines Evidenza.

It seems the newer ones come with croco straps:

But most of my watches already have either croco strap or croco-look alike. I like the softer look of the calf skin. I was thinking of getting one with a brown strap and also ordering a black contrast-stitch calfskin strap like on the vanilla Carrera:

Thoughts? Any comparisons to be had in the same price range and movement (ETA 2893)?

Cheers ^^

Re: Trigger finger getting itchy...

The black carrera looks the best to me. But I like black watches. That would be my choice. The Longines is #2, but if you have something that looks similar, id go for the croc white carrera. The calf is nice as well, its just that the croc looks more impressive.

stuffler,mike

A bit different - I know - but a gorgeous watch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lol @ the date on there. Maybe im missing something, but isnt it safe to assume that if today is the 8th, that tomorrow will be the 9th, and yesterday was the 7th? If anything, it would just take me longer to figure out the date since a glance might not do it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    A bit different - I know - but a gorgeous watch

Another GMT worth checking, may be a little large, is the Baume &
    Mercier - Super Classima.

I have had the Twin-Time for 3 years or so. I wore it daily for 8 months and the original brown Crocodile got a bit nasty so I just splurged on a new one. I polished it up with a Dremel and then some Cape Cod Cloth and it looks brand new again. I like the watch, it's been 100% reliable and keeps in the +5 sec/day range. It is a nice small size, it's light. The lume isn't much to write home about but it is visible when charged for a while. I don't know, I'd buy it again if I lost it.

the tag looks sweet. the longines doesn't really do it for me. I prefer the calf strap on the carrera, but that watch will look nice dressed up, or down. Very versatile. Sporty, yet elegant, clean and a modern classic. One of my favorite tags.
    I'm dyin' to see the new carrera rs.

Same here, absolute stalwart of a watch. Very robust and looks sporty and dressy at the same time, and can also be worn with a Bracelet. Love mine

Glycine Airman? The 46mm Airman 17 is on my short list, but they do make and have made smaller versions. The Airman 18 is 38 mm and they have a few other models between 42 and 44 mm.

Thanks for the comments folks.

Yeah, the intention that I had was definitely to get as much of a one-watch-fits-all as possible, for traveling. Typically my travels involve business meetings, hence the relatively conservative styling, but the Carrera would seem to work well casual as well. Also, I think a white face would be best as it goes with black and brown straps, where as the black I feel might not go as well with brown strap. Plus I like the blue arrow =)

I think the Baume is a little big at 42mm, and doesn't look as nice as the Carrera (or even as nice as other Baume's). There is a lovely 39mm GMT+power reserve classima with blue hands, but it is a big out of my price range (another $1700 more than the Carrera MSRP).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information