Trip to Frankfurt, London, Zurich - Any suggestions?

Thread: Trip to Frankfurt, London, Zurich - Any suggestions?

Trip to Frankfurt, London, Zurich - Any suggestions?

I am heading to Frankfurt, London, and Zurich next month. I will need to feed my addiction a little bit so I am looking for some unique watch experiences.

For Frankfurt, I will only be there for 2 days and one afternoon is spoken for. I pretty much have the run of the city if there are any special places to check out.

London - I am there for 6 days. Pretty familiar with the city. Planning on stopping by the Bremont Boutique, but are there any other must see places?

Zurich - I am staying near the train station (not too far) and have about 5 days here. I know nothing about this city at the moment, so all suggestions welcome.
    Last edited by gmsmith; January 5th, 2013 at 03:16.

Re: Trip to Frankfurt, London, Zurich - Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith View Post
    I am heading to Frankfurt, London, and Zurich next month. I will need to feed my addiction a little bit so I am looking for some unique watch experiences.

For Frankfurt, I will only be there for 2 days and one afternoon is spoken for. I pretty much have the run of the city if there are any special places to check out.

London - I am there for 6 days. Pretty familiar with the city. Planning on stopping by the Bremont Boutique, but are there any other must see places?

Zurich - I am staying near the train station (not too far) and have about 5 days here. I know nothing about this city at the moment, so all suggestions welcome.
    parmigiani is opening a boutique around the corner from Bremont. Not sure if it's open yet but believe it is. Also start at Piccadilly St. And walk up old bond street which turns into new bond you will see a ton of watch stores. Mappin, omega, Chopard, Jaeger, hub plot, etc. good luck.

In Frankfurt you can visit the Manufactum Warenhaus. Sinn makes some limited edition models only for Manufactum such as the Sinn Tachymeter Chronograph.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My only suggestion would be to take boatloads of money and go on a spending spree. Buy something from every AD you see, wouldn't it be cool to actually be able to do that??? Just the thought of it makes me giddy.

VIEW MY SALES FEEDBACK>>>>HERE

/¯¯l¯¯¯l¯¯[_\__\]
    l¯¯ l¯¯¯l¯¯¯L-_O|||||||O_
    ¯()_)¯¯¯¯¯¯()_)¯¯¯¯¯()_)

Surely if you are in Frankfurt then the most important thing to do is visit the Sinn Factory Outlet store! I pulled these details from their website:

Sinn Spezialuhren zu Frankfurt am Main
    Frankfurt am Main / Rödelheim
    Im Füldchen 5 – 7
    Germany

Business Hours
    Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
    1st Saturday of the month: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.

And in London you should also visit the Bremont boutique, in Mayfair. Bremont Boutique - Bremont
    Bremont Boutique
    29 South Audley Street
    London
    W1K 2PE
    Tel. +44 (0) 203 394 2680

Name:  bremont_front.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  675.1 KB

Name:  bremont_london_shop_60.jpg
Size:  240.2 KB

Name:  bremont_london_shop_59.jpg
Size:  252.4 KB

Banned

If you like Sinn, you'll find the most complete selection in Frankfurt. Directions are on their website: Sinn Uhren: Contact

If you're interested in touring their manufactory, you should contact them and ask if they offer that, or maybe inquire down in the Sinn forum where several have posted about their visits while in Frankfurt.

Seiko, Cartier Moderator Athram's Avatar

In London the Burlington Arcade is a must see. Lots of vintage and second hand watch shops.

From the Zurich train station, you can easily stroll along the Bahnhofstrasse and find many shops and restaurants. While I have not purchased from any of them, the eye candy is quite tasty.

Here's a link of watch dealers with the brands they carry: Where to buy watches in Zurich from official dealers, authorised retailers

Enjoy!

+1 on seeing the Sinn factory in Frankfurt!

PJR

Having only been through the Frankfurt airport all I can advise is to avoid the so-called "duty free' outlet there. Very nice selection at pricing that borders on criminal. No comprehension of the word "discount" in any language.

London is more familiar territory. I second the comments about New/Old Bond Street. Don't miss the Wempe boutique.

While not quite as appealing as the boutiques and as much is I usually loathe the place you might consider a visit to Harrod's. Their watch section is extensive and if you are with your wife she can occupy herself elsewhere in the store.

Thread Information