Triple Time at one glance complication - What's out there?

Thread: Triple Time at one glance complication - What's out there?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Question Triple Time at one glance complication - What's out there?

This post has a double quest for triple time.

1. Describe and with your help find the ideal triple time watch, if it exists
    2. List the possible alternatives that are still "real triple time" watches.

1. For me the ideal multiple time watch would look like this:

- a normal 12h hand that can be set independently
    - a 24h hand on the same axis that can also be set independently
    - fixed 24h and fixed 12h markings on the dial to go with these two hands
    - a lume filled 24h bi-directional bezel with two-tone look
    - a totally independent sub-dial and movement with a complete 12h set (including minutes) and AM/PM indicator. This dial needs to be luminous, too. It can be set to "off" time zones like Delhi or Kathmandu.
    - a movement driven chapter ring with WT, i.e. not the affair that you have to turn yourself but one that you can set and it then moves on a 24h rhythm

As far as I know, there is no such movement on the market. The JLC Master World Geographique and the Glycine Airman 7 come pretty close.

http://www.prestigetime.com/item/Jae...152.84.20.html
    http://www.glycine-watch.ch/e/collec...isplay=100021#

If you know such a watch, please let me know! :) I know this is overkill as this would practically be quadruple time plus world time BUT it makes a heck of a lot more sense for normal people than an Astrolabium complication that tells you where the planets stand.

2. Watches that can show at least three times at a glance, no matter which method, as long as no extra intervention is required. For example on a Rolex GMT you can turn the bezel to set a new time difference but you can only read two times at once. In contrast, on a Seiko Spring Drive GMT you can read the second time zone from the markings on the chapter ring and the third time zone can be read at the same time from the markings on the bezel. So the Seiko qualifies as a true triple time, the Rolex doesn't. Combinations of analog and digital are totally ok in my book. I only want to see three times at a glance.

Here are the watches I know that have this feature:

- Grand Seiko Spring Drive GMT (3 times)
    - Glycine Airman Double 24 (4 times)
    - Glycine Airman 7 (4 times)
    - Glycine Airman 17 etc (3 times)
    - Glycine Airman Chrono 08 (3 times)
    - Seiko Kinetic GMT Flightmaster (3 times)
    - Casio G-shock GW-2500 (3 times, mixed)
    - Casio G-shock G-77xx series (3 times, all digital)
    - Citizen Skyhawk and Attesa watches (3 times, mixed)
    - JLC Master World Geo (2 times + WT)
    - Breitling ana-digi and GMT models with Co-pilot module (cheating a little)

So that's about 12 models from 6 brands. Which ones don't I know about? There must be more out there. I only learned of the Casio G-77xx and the Seiko Flightmaster here.

Thanks for reading and helping out. I'm probably not the only person who looks for this info but a search for Triple Time on the forum was unsuccessful.

Till

v76

Re: Triple Time at one glance complication - What's out there?

Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Some other ideas, which may or may not be suitable depending on your intended application:

Bernhardt Globemaster

Yes Zulu

Torgoen T8

Citizen Skyhawk A-T, as long as one of the three zones is UTC.

The new Ball EM II Diver World Time...

The inner 24-hour chapter ring apparently is driven counter-clockwise by the movement, so it actually shows current worldtime everywhere.

You can also use the Mission Timer on the Omega X-33 as a third time zone with Julian date, since it counts to 999 days. You can't quite see 3 zones at once, but a one-button-push shortcut flips you back and forth between Mission Time and any other mode (such as UTC). Of course, once you give up the need to see 3 zones simultaneously, any number of digital world time watches qualify.

For those weird half-hour offset zones, nothing is going to beat a digital / ana-digi watch.

Cheers,

Patrick
    Last edited by Path11; April 17th, 2010 at 06:48.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Path11 View Post
    The new Ball EM II Diver World Time...

The inner 24-hour chapter ring apparently is driven counter-clockwise by the movement, so it actually shows current worldtime everywhere.
    That seems to be a good alternative to the usual addition of a 4th GMT hand that could clutter the dial for some, not to mention that it looks pretty nice too.

Banned

You guys are GOOD! Thanks so much. Have never seen the Ball and Bernhardt before. Forgot to post the Zulu and the T8 (which is like a quartz version of the Airman). I knew about the x-33 mission timer but that doesn't count. I want those three time zones without turning or pushing anything. I have a bunch of watches that can do that from Casio over Citizen to Oris and Breitling. The real quest is the simultaneous triple time.

I will be taking delivery this Saturday or Sunday of the Casio 7700. It's pretty cool because in the WT mode you can set two times fix and cycle through the third display east and westwards. Very nice. For $55 not bad at all. I'd say.

Thanks for adding these watches to the last in particular the Bernhardt and the Ball.

Keep'em coming, please. This is exciting.

Till

Banned

Found another one. Luminox Executive Traveler:
    http://www.gemday.com/item0613.htm

Till

I'm sure I've seen fashion watches with six or more movements, but not sure those would work...

The Glycine Airman Double 24 09 gives you four time zones, although I'm not sure how easy it would be to tell at a glance. I would think one of the Airman 7s would be a bit easier to tell the times on quickly, although even there three of the dials are reading in 12 hour format.

Most of the other Airman (not in purist format) will give you a 12 hour format and two, 24 hour indicators (hand and bezel) Similar to the Rolex and Omega GMTs.

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

Maurice Lacroix has one:
    Reveil Globe - 3 timezones..
    Inner dial, outer dial AND gmt window. Also have mechanical alarm complication as well.
    Edit: The extra hour hand is for alarm set not extra hour hand.

Last edited by hpark21; April 17th, 2010 at 21:43.
    Chronic flipper...

Banned

hpark21, thank you very much for this great addition to the list! :)

I really like that and had never seen this before. I knew my call would be answered. Keep'em coming. This is interesting.

Till

Fortis B-47 Calculator GMT 3 Time Zones Limited Edition

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information