Tritium to Superluminova

Thread: Tritium to Superluminova

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tritium to Superluminova

Hello all,
    Does anyone have a price estimate on having the faded Tritium face of a 90's Fortis Automatic Chrono repainted/lumed with Superluminova?
    Would it be easier to just purchase a new face? (Is that even an option?)

Thanks in advance!

Re: Tritium to Superluminova

It is much more expensive to get a new face, which will also include new hands. New lume on face and hands might run you around $60 - 100. New face and hands might run you around $500. These are rough estimates.

There are many modders around on forums who can relume the face and hands. I don't know any off hand.

But tritium is wonderful and beats any lume IMHO. If the original face and hands had tritium, contact Fortis or a Fortis authorized service center and inquire about having new trits installed. You will likely need to replace all hands getting new trits.
    Last edited by Gary123; February 3rd, 2012 at 21:28.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

I agree, if you want to keep the watch, stay with the original tritium lumination. I have several watches with Superluminova, but my simple Deep Blue T100 blows them away.
    Pink Floyd. Dark side of the moon. Side one, track four.
    Gallet Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalletChronographs/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by drewsmith View Post
    Hello all,
    Does anyone have a price estimate on having the faded Tritium face of a 90's Fortis Automatic Chrono repainted/lumed with Superluminova?

Thanks in advance!
    Does your watch have Tritium paint or Tritium tubes?

TIA
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

If it is from the 90s, definitely tritium paint as I don't thinkn the tubes were in production yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    But tritium is wonderful and beats any lume IMHO. If the original face and hands had tritium, contact Fortis or a Fortis authorized service center and inquire about having new trits installed. You will likely need to replace all hands getting new trits.
    And they would use NEW tritium? I wasn't aware this was a option.

Ball Engineer II Ohio (NM1026C-SJ-WH) | Hamilton Khaki Aviation (H76565125) | Omega Dynamic III (5250.50.00) | Omega De Ville (BA 161.024) | Tag Heuer Kirium Chronometer (WL5112) | Victorinox Cavalry (Marlboro Edition)

I believe he was under the misconception that this watch was equipped with the tritium tubes like Ball watches.

I have tritium on my 60s Waltham that still faintly glows, could have been re done 100 times for all I know tho.
    Stratocasters Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by ~tc~ View Post
    I believe he was under the misconception that this watch was equipped with the tritium tubes like Ball watches.

Correct. I thought the watch had tritium tubes. It would be difficult at best to convert the watch to tritium tubes. I've seen folks on other forums talk about modders that use lume so strong they call it "Chernobyl lume", so there are folks out there who do this.

This might be a little help, I know its an old post:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/cus...es-199242.html

or this:
    http://relume.watcheswithnolimits.co...&id=1&Itemid=2

and this:
    http://watchfreeks.com/view_topic.ph...1&forum_id=107

Mr. Parks' own website
    http://www.everestwatchworks.com/
    Last edited by Gary123; February 4th, 2012 at 06:36.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Quote Originally Posted by drewsmith View Post
    Hello all,

Thanks in advance!
    I would recommend sending the watch to Kent Parks at Everest Watch Works and have him relume it.

Kent did a great job on my Ocean7 LM-7 :

(Photo courtesy of Kent Parks)

Kent used Grade A C3 Superluminova.

HTH
    Last edited by gaijin; February 4th, 2012 at 07:33.
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information