Trouble Pulling Off a Metal Bracelet
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Trouble Pulling Off a Metal Bracelet

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Trouble Pulling Off a Metal Bracelet

Does anyone else have trouble pulling off a metal bracelet? I have 6.25" - 6.5" wrists and any metal bracelet I've tried on just looks off to me. Not sure if it's my age (28) or thin wrists. Anyone else experience this or have a view? Is it just something I might not be used to?

Re: Trouble Pulling Off a Metal Bracelet

I have 6 inch wrists and have never once pondered this question. I have to remove a number of links but I love wearing my Oris Aquis on a bracelet as well as many good my other watches. Don’t overthink it, 99% of people won’t even notice what watch you have on, it’s only us WIS nerds who pay close attention. Name:  DC9EB2E2-B0CE-45D2-8AA6-CAD5BB060815.jpeg
Views: 41
Size:  227.2 KB
    whitetigerblood and 41Mets like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chelseacjd View Post
    I have 6 inch wrists and have never once pondered this question. I have to remove a number of links but I love wearing my Oris Aquis on a bracelet as well as many good my other watches. Don’t overthink it, 99% of people won’t even notice what watch you have on, it’s only us WIS nerds who pay close attention. Name:  DC9EB2E2-B0CE-45D2-8AA6-CAD5BB060815.jpeg
Size:  227.2 KB
    Nice watch! How do you wear your Aquis? As an all arounder or casually (or a mix)?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Get a watch with curvy lugs.
    Try a mesh or Milanese bracelet as a halfway alternative.
    system11 likes this.
    Seulement, il faut du temps pour être heureux. Beaucoup de temps. Le bonheur lui aussi est une longue patience. - Only, it takes time to be happy. A lot of time. Happiness, too, is a long patience.

Try a smaller watch, like between 34 mm to no more than 38 mm. Rolex, as an easy example, makes every size of Datejust and Oyster Perpetual in non-"feminine" colors so that smaller-wristed owners aren't forced to wear pink and diamonds.

I'm also assuming that you've had yours properly sized, yes?

I have smaller wrists than you and have plenty of watches on bracelets. It's all about finding the right fit and the way the bracelet wraps around your wrist. Some bracelets flare out from the lugs causing it to wear larger. Some bracelets have a nice micro adjustment that allows for the perfect fit. It all depends on the specific bracelet.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    whitetigerblood and Synequano like this.

Name:  IMG_0087[1].JPG
Views: 38
Size:  2.88 MBName:  IMG_0088[1].JPG
Size:  4.05 MBName:  IMG_0089[1].JPG
Size:  4.22 MB

Here are a couple of pictures with un-sized bracelets (purchased Invicta to try the size) along with a watch on a strap . Maybe it's just my personal preference of looks rather than there being anything inherently wrong with bracelets.

Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
    Try a smaller watch, like between 34 mm to no more than 38 mm. Rolex, as an easy example, makes every size of Datejust and Oyster Perpetual in non-"feminine" colors so that smaller-wristed owners aren't forced to wear pink and diamonds.

I'm also assuming that you've had yours properly sized, yes?
    Definitely agree with smaller watches - I can't see myself going over 40 mm (and even that is pushing it). I will size the sarb and see if that changes my mind.

Just keep looking and trying things on. The good news if you find you like watches under 40mm, you will open yourself up to a ton of great but significantly cheaper watches. Things like a 36mm Rolex Explorer I are being 'given away' compared to the high-demand modern sport pieces.

I also find I personally just don't like some bracelets. I struggle to find Omega bracelets I like (they feel 'puffy'), where I love Rolex and Seiko bracelets.

Good luck, and keep trying things on!
    Rolex Explorer I :: Dornblueth & Sohn Calibre 99.1 :: Grand Seiko SBGA211 'Snowflake' :: Omega Speedmaster Professional :: Seiko SPB077 :: Archimede Pilot

Just need a smaller sized watch as others suggests. Also pay attention to the lug to lug measurement of a case.

Bracelets will make the watch appear slightly bigger on wrist.

38.6mm

39.2mm

40.9mm on Leather

Current Watches
    Glashütte Original Senator Excellence Omega Speedmaster 1957 (60th Anniversary) Casio G Shock (GMW-B5000GD-1)

Sold Watches
    Omega
    Aqua Terra (2503.33.00) Omega Speedmaster (3570.50) IWC Portugieser (IW3714-46) IWC Pilot (IW3777-19) Tag Heuer Monaco (CAW211B) Tag Heuer Grand Carrera (WAV5111) Casio G Shock (GX-56DGK-1, GLS-5600CL-3, , DW-5600MS-1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information