Trusted/Recommended service and/or repair providers??
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rice and Gravy

Thread: Trusted/Recommended service and/or repair providers??

Trusted/Recommended service and/or repair providers??

Is there a list or thread around WUS that included recommended or trusted watch repair/service providers? Aside from Govberg and Manhattan Time Service?

I'm looking for local repair shop that I can use and trust in the DC-Northern Virginia Metro area. I sort of assumed there may be an ongoing list somewhere with recommendations, but damned if I can find one.

Omega Seamaster Professional 2254.50
    Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
    Damasko DA44
    G-Shock GWM5610-1

Re: Trusted/Recommended service and/or repair providers??

I don't know about the DC area however I just had my Bulova Super Seville repaired by Carignan Watch Co in NH. I had to have a crown tube replaced and I reached out to Denis Carignan and he was fantastic. I mailed him my watch and 4 weeks later its repaired, cleaned and adjusted. He and his wife communicated with me during the whole process. You simply fill out a form with a repair request, send him the watch with $30.00 for return postage and he give you an estimate for total repair costs. He was fair and informative. I can't say enough about my experience. I would recommend reaching out to him. Here's the web address: https://cwrnh.com
    "Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one"

Thanks for that. I'll check them out if I can't find anyone decent locally. There are a couple places I know of near me, but not sure I'd trust anything nice with them. And apparently the Tourneau near the Pentagon has watchmakers on site.

I'm really surprised there isnt a resource here on WUS somewhere listing reputable member "vouched for" watch repair places. That would be great.

Someone should get on that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Damasko DA44
    G-Shock GWM5610-1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In case anyone ever searches for them or cares.

I had a very good experience with a place called Alabaster Watch & Clock recently

Alabaster Watch & Clock

They are a small shop located in the middle of Vienna, Virginia. The guy running it took over for his dad within the last year I believe. Nice guy.

He did a quick regulation for me while I waited and his assistant removed a super stuck pin from a 15 year old Omega bracelet. Grand total cost - $30

Quite pleased.
    sailon01 likes this.

Damasko DA44
    G-Shock GWM5610-1

I'm not sure Govberg actually has a repair shop at either of their locations. It is my understanding that at some point in the past they purchased a local repair shop and put their name on it.
    This may be old information and I would certainly like an update from anyone who might know their current status. They are an AD for many luxury brands so I'm curious how they are handling repairs.

I think many watch stores and jewelry stores that sell watches like to put up a sign that they Repair Watches but just send them out to an Affiliate and take some of the action ($$$).
    "Nothing happens until something moves." -Albert Einstein
    Damasko | Hamilton | Longines | Mido | Orient | Oris | Rolex | Timex

I think it's probably pretty rare that a watch or jewelry store has on-site repair services (other than basic stuff) and most either send it to a shop/individual they have a relationship with or off to the manufacturer. It's difficult to find independent shops than can be trusted, at least that's my experience. Interestingly enough, just a few blocks away from where I went last night is another shop that has a good reputation, so I am pleased that I have options. And even better is the guy at Alabaster was young, so hopefully he'll be around a while since most of the folks that do this type of "old school" work are, well, old.

Damasko DA44
    G-Shock GWM5610-1

Thread Information