Trying to figure out what watch this is....but no pic ! A Prize is possible....
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By yongsoo1982

Thread: Trying to figure out what watch this is....but no pic ! A Prize is possible....

Trying to figure out what watch this is....but no pic ! A Prize is possible....

Hi - I post all the time on vintage and I saw a guy last week with what I thought was a really fab watch, not vintage and I have been kicking myself ever since for not asking him what it was...

I was guessing it was a PP but I'm not at all sure - it was pretty modern, last 20 years, 18ct gold and about maybe 36-38 mm pure round. But what stood out is that it was a two tone with light cream around the outside near the bezel, no numerals just small gold markers and a very nice understated greenish/Gray across the middle.

The outside creamish colour was was wide enough to cover the 12 gold markers - but the greenish inside tone covered maybe 50-75% of the dial.

Anyone who has an idea or can post a pic I will consider a prize - I have already spent a couple of hours searching without success - cheers !! SDA

Sent from SDA's iPhone using Tapatalk
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

__________________________________________________ __________
    My 'Show-Piece' - Zenith El Primero 'Red' Captain Ltd Edition #255/500
    My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    My 'Fav' 1917 Silver Moser Trench
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

Re: Trying to figure out what watch this is....but no pic ! A Prize is possible....

Similar to this JLC but with a much nicer dial, contrasting colour scheme....

'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

Re: Trying to figure out what watch this is....but no pic ! A Prize is possible....

is this watchuseek?
    m0c021 and Sdasurrey like this.
    WatchUSee is WatchIGot
    Casio - G-Shock GW-5000-1jf |
    Garmin - Forerunner 245 Music | Grand Seiko - Snowflake (SBGA011) | Longines - Master Collection (L2.673) | | MeisterSinger - Panagaea Day Date|Monta -Triumph | Nomos Glashutte - Club Datum | Orient - Mako mod | Rolex - Explorer I (214270 mk2) | Seiko - SKX007/09 mods | Stowa- Klassik Flieger

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by yongsoo1982 View Post
    is this watchuseek?
    Thanks for trying '!!! Darker green bigger coverage for the green colour in the middle ! Thanks SDA

Thread Information