Tudor Black Bay Red v. Rolex Sub Green - I'm thinking of adding some color
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tudor Black Bay Red v. Rolex Sub Green - I'm thinking of adding some color

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tudor Black Bay Red v. Rolex Sub Green - I'm thinking of adding some color

OK. I'm an Omega Speedmaster Fan. It is my daily watch and I love it. I have a few other nice watches, too. However, every so often I wish I had something with a little color....

Like many people here - I LOVE the look of the Tudor Black Bay. For me, the Red w/the leather band or fabric strap looks great. On the other hand, I've always been taken with the Submariner w/the Green face. I'm worried the Sub might actually just be a little too much like my beloved Speedmaster and might not be fun enough for a change.

Anyone own both or otherwise have an opinion? ( Actually - asking if anyone has an opinion on this forum is just silly...).

Thanks!

Re: Tudor Black Bay Red v. Rolex Sub Green - I'm thinking of adding some color

Then cancel the post..
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

The BB is nice but IMO the Sub is nicer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Here's the obvious answer. You can't make a mistake.

For myself - I'd probably go for the Black Bay. Especially if you're looking at this as being a fun watch. The Submariner is cool. But it's serious. It's expensive. If you're not passionate about owning a Rolex Submariner, I think the difference in value between the Black Bay and the Green Rolex would be well spent somewhere else.

I tried them both out, when I chose my Black Bay, and I found that the Black Bay wasn't noticeably less of a watch. It feels just as great on the wrist. The perception that you are handling a product where care has been taken in choosing high quality materials, and finishing them to a high standard, is still there. It keeps time just as well. It's also different in more ways than just color - the large crown, the snowflake hour hand, the gold tint to the hands and face, the color of the face itself. It's a submariner, no doubt, but it's still a very different animal.
    mleok and akasnowmaaan like this.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

one thing to consider is your clothing. do you have a lot of shirts that wouldn't go as nicely with either or? i have a handful of shirts that'll have me wearing something different than my BB. i think i'd have more with green.

maybe my wife just has too much of an influence on me these days :P

Banned

I like both the Sub and the BB. If I had to pick one as my one and only and the choice is GREEN sub or BB, I choose the BLACK BAY. The combo will not get old and will fit any situation. The green sub in my opinion is just TOOOO GREEN. I wish Rolex had used a different green on the dial and bezel, something darker. It is way to bright for me. I would have preferred the olive dial

Now if the choices were std sub or especially the no date sub which is comparable the BB, then I'd say no date submariner first then BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
    one thing to consider is your clothing. do you have a lot of shirts that wouldn't go as nicely with either or? i have a handful of shirts that'll have me wearing something different than my BB. i think i'd have more with green.

maybe my wife just has too much of an influence on me these days :P
    Almost every day or when I wear a tux - I wear my speed master. When I wear anything other than black or grey and I need to dress up - I wear one of the others, like a white faced Breguet I have. I'd anticipate this watch would be more casual when I'm not in black (but I guess the Tudor might also fit that bill) or when I'm in khaki pants or shorts and a polo or jeans and an oxford. Which is like 90% of the rest of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellite View Post
    I like both the Sub and the BB. If I had to pick one as my one and only and the choice is GREEN sub or BB, I choose the BLACK BAY. The combo will not get old and will fit any situation. The green sub in my opinion is just TOOOO GREEN. I wish Rolex had used a different green on the dial and bezel, something darker. It is way to bright for me. I would have preferred the olive dial

Now if the choices were std sub or especially the no date sub which is comparable the BB, then I'd say no date submariner first then BB.
    I was thinking about that! But when would I wear a standard sub versus my speed master? So similar. I was actually thinking about the black and blue Rolex GMT as a possibility as I don't have GMT watch. It adds color. I wanted the Pepsi bezel - but for a million good reasons including but not limited to price, a white gold case isn't for me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WatchThinker View Post
    I was thinking about that! But when would I wear a standard sub versus my speed master? So similar. I was actually thinking about the black and blue Rolex GMT as a possibility as I don't have GMT watch. It adds color. I wanted the Pepsi bezel - but for a million good reasons including but not limited to price, a white gold case isn't for me.
    Did you think of the Explorer II? polar maybe? Love mine and it is different. I still think that out of the two the black bay will fit more situations than the green sub.

I would pick the BB personally.

The Rolex is just way too green for me. The BB has that most excellent red bezel but then the face is predominantly black.

Also the BB is a fraction of the cost.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information