Is Tudor Black Bay still consider a good buy?
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Is Tudor Black Bay still consider a good buy?

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Is Tudor Black Bay still consider a good buy?

I'm really thinking hard on this question... all along watch are just something to look at time and nothing else, until I saw Black Bay. However, I still could not get over the fact that that watch cost somewhere around $3,000. So I did search around and actually got poisoned by the watch community, search for affordable watch to high-end watch. But in the end, I still came back to Tudor Black Bay.

Would like to get a general opinion on this time piece!

Sigh, if only I can get either Glashutte Original or Royal Oak timepiece.

Some pictures of Black Bay from the internet.

Name:  Tudor-Heritage-Black-Bay-Self-Winding.jpg
Views: 20072
Size:  132.4 KB
    Name:  487981d1348060945-tudor-heritage-black-bay-img_2786.jpg
Views: 24128
Size:  128.5 KB
    Name:  tudor_heritage_black_bay_1.jpg
Views: 22260
Size:  43.9 KB
    mitadoc likes this.

Re: Is Tudor Black Bay still consider a good buy?

Go for the version with bracelet. Sure it has a 2824-2 (which is not stock but modified with micrometer screw fine adjustment ) but the Black Bay is a very well built watch at it's price point and the bracelet wears very comfortably, well worth the money in my opinion.
    Jcp311 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mew88 View Post
    Go for the version with bracelet. Sure it has a 2824-2 (which is not stock but modified with micrometer screw fine adjustment ) but the Black Bay is a very well built watch at it's price point and the bracelet wears very comfortably, well worth the money in my opinion.
    +1
    Official Rotation

IWC Portuguese 3714-45 \ Rolex Explorer 214270
    \ Omega Speedmaster Professional \ Rolex Submariner 114060 \ Breitling Transocean Chronograph \ Seiko Prospex SBDC051 \ Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400ST \ Rolex Datejust 41 126300 \ Oris Aquis Clipperton \ IWC Aquatimer \ Ball Engineer III Legend \ Sinn 104 \ Seiko SARX055 \ Squale GMT \ Archimede Pilot 39 \ Sinn 556

Follow me on Instagram: mtravis38

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by aerolord View Post
    So I did search around and actually got poisoned by the watch community,
    Heheh..happens all the time...I hope it's not fatal or I'm in trouble!

The BB looks wonderful and I can understand why so any people fall for it. I can't understand why it's so expensive either, but that applies to many watches and I've not handled one. Anyway, it is what it is, and if you like it and can afford it I say why not. I'm sure it's destined to be a modern classic.

That's a good question, and one that I had a hard time answering only a few weeks ago.

I've been pretty set on my next watch being the Longines HydroConquest Chrono. I want a good automatic chrono for under $2k (more of an every day watch to put my Omega on the side as my special occasion watch) and the Longines fits the bill. During the recent holiday though, the Tudor store had 30% off all Tudor watches and they had one BB in stock with the bracelet. It came out to $2600, with no tax. Needless to say, it was one heck of a deal (one of my mates bought the Tudor Heritage Chrono Blue during this sale).

I tried it on. It is a fantastic looking watch and very comfortable on the wrist. After debating over it, I decided to pass.

I have a SMP, so it just wasn't that high on my wish list currently. However, if you're in the market for an excellently built non-chronograph watch for $3k or less the Tudor BB is a very good candidate. As mew88 stated it has a 2824-2 movement, but the BB is a very solid watch and worth that price.
    Omega, Tudor, Longines, Citizen, G-Shock

I think it's a great looking watch but can't get over the feeling that once the newness wore off, I would tire of it quickly. I showed pics to my wife and she did not like it at all, said it was not the right watch for me, whatever that means but that reinforced my gut instinct. Since she has pretty good judgement in these things, I have decided to pass on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mew88 View Post
    Any reason why the bracelet version? I was actually thinking of getting the strap one instead =/

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Heheh..happens all the time...I hope it's not fatal or I'm in trouble!

The BB looks wonderful and I can understand why so any people fall for it. I can't understand why it's so expensive either, but that applies to many watches and I've not handled one. Anyway, it is what it is, and if you like it and can afford it I say why not. I'm sure it's destined to be a modern classic.
    Same goes with my other hobby, audiophile. I forced myself to stop browsing that forum after my purchase of a very expensive earphone. I need to run away from here if I do get a Black Bay...

Quote Originally Posted by jegga View Post
    That's a good question, and one that I had a hard time answering only a few weeks ago.

I've been pretty set on my next watch being the Longines HydroConquest Chrono. I want a good automatic chrono for under $2k (more of an every day watch to put my Omega on the side as my special occasion watch) and the Longines fits the bill. During the recent holiday though, the Tudor store had 30% off all Tudor watches and they had one BB in stock with the bracelet. It came out to $2600, with no tax. Needless to say, it was one heck of a deal (one of my mates bought the Tudor Heritage Chrono Blue during this sale).

I tried it on. It is a fantastic looking watch and very comfortable on the wrist. After debating over it, I decided to pass.

I have a SMP, so it just wasn't that high on my wish list currently. However, if you're in the market for an excellently built non-chronograph watch for $3k or less the Tudor BB is a very good candidate. As mew88 stated it has a 2824-2 movement, but the BB is a very solid watch and worth that price.
    Wow 30%!!! In Singapore it's hard to get even 5% off from ADs...

Quote Originally Posted by AFG08 View Post
    I think it's a great looking watch but can't get over the feeling that once the newness wore off, I would tire of it quickly. I showed pics to my wife and she did not like it at all, said it was not the right watch for me, whatever that means but that reinforced my gut instinct. Since she has pretty good judgement in these things, I have decided to pass on it.
    That's what I'm afraid of as well =/... cause after all I will be using this watch for another three to five years before proceeding to get my next watch...

Wow 30%!!! In Singapore it's hard to get even 5% off from ADs...
    Yup, 30%. As my mate told me, "You don't buy a watch because of the discount... But it's hard to resist at that price." There is usually a larger discount during the holidays here (I'm an expat in the UAE). Normally it's 10% or 15%.

It worked out perfectly for him since the watch he wanted was the Tudor Heritage Chrono Blue.
    Omega, Tudor, Longines, Citizen, G-Shock

Any reason why the bracelet version? I was actually thinking of getting the strap one instead =/
    The bracelet is one of the more comfortable ones I had and it is always cheaper to buy a watch on bracelet and then getting a leather strap. Buying the bracelet as a standalone part is very costly.

IMHO it's overpriced and overrated here in WUS, represents the fast way that a great company (Rolex) choose to enter a new Market Segment and make extra bucks without any kind of effort. The strategy and marketing mix used by Rolex regarding Tudor is about the same that fashion brands use to sell fashion watches

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information