• Ranger

14 22.95%
  • Black Bay Midnight Blue

47 77.05%
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tudors for thoughts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Tudors for thoughts.

I prefer the Black Bay, but in the original burgundy bezel. I've tried on the blue version and the colors (in particular the silver colored markers and hands) make it feel like a modern watch that it doesn't have any of the warmth of the burgundy version, yet it retains many of the vintage inspired aspects of the model, which strikes me as a dissonant design. I would have much preferred if they had done a blue version of the Pelagos instead.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

BB gets my vote too.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Break, break, break, break, break, break...

Quote Originally Posted by akasnowmaaan View Post
    If I ever break my 'two is enough' rule, the Black Bay is the one I'm getting.
    Cheers, M

"Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel, may the wind take your troubles away."

- Son Volt -

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Black Bay Red > Ranger > Black Bay Blue.
    Follow me on Instagram: ten13th
    My watch collection: A mixture of metal, plastic, leather, glass, a few drops of lubricant and a few batteries.

The BB any day of the week.

Like nearly all watches there are a few things on each of these I've got some minor qualms with. but both are among the best looking watches around at the moment. I love a good field watch and since the original Explorer doesn't exist anymore it's hard to ignore the Ranger...but...but...I think the that dial and blue bezel combo is so brilliant looking I wouldn't want to pass it up. So, unless your really after an old-school field watch I'd get the diver. If you do get the Ranger than that's terrific too, but I guarantee that leicashot's photo featuring the Black Bay's blue bezel will haunt and nag at you until you finally breakdown and end up with both...which is a pretty decent result in its own right.
    Last edited by ljb187; June 23rd, 2014 at 23:44.
    Seiko Spring Drive was my wedding watch, Rolex Datejust was my anniversary watch, but I call Oris home.

Honestly I'd go for the Red BB, Blue BB does nothing for me and just looks wrong IMO.

Its either Red BB or nothing. Ranger in that pic looks quite nice though so maybe a distant second if you want to stay within budget. (for otherwise the Pelagos is no.2)

I was hoping the introduction of blue BB can make AD offers more discount on the red BB. Judging from the responses here, I think I was wrong.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
    Ball, Breitling, Omega, Rolex, Tag Heuer and Titoni

Without a shadow of doubt, the BBB.

Depends. If you think a BB will be a stylistic repeat of the SinnU1 (personally I think both are pretty different for diver watches) I'd get the BB. Seems your collection needs more of a classic Rolex/Tudor style diver. IMHO, no watch collection is complete without either the original or something similar.

If it is a repeat, then I would definetly go for the Ranger. I have the Rolex Sub, so I personally don't feel I need a BB, therefore if I had the cash, I'd go for the Ranger. I love that classic look.

I don't have the cash, so I may go the poor man's route and take an older Tudor I have and find a similar strap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information