TWI Watches (Akribos, Joshua & Sons)

Thread: TWI Watches (Akribos, Joshua & Sons)

TWI Watches (Akribos, Joshua & Sons)

I have been trying to do some research on watches (since I am new to collecting), but couldn't bind much on the Joshua & Sons watch that I picked up at TJ Maxx for $40. Only markings are made in china and swiss quartz. I later found on this forum that it was a mushroom brand but also had ties to Europe. Then I noticed a J&S watch that was identical to a Akribos watch and started researching them. I currently have two Akribos and they are nice considering the price. My research of Akribos led me to Stuhrling Original who is supposed to be the maker of Akribos. After looking up Stuhrling I noticed all these makers had the same corporate address in NY. Finally I get to TWI Watches. TWI makes Akribos, J&S, Vernier, Burgi and August Steiner, but does not mention Stuhrling Original so I don't know how they tie in. Looks like it all comes down to them being made in China but the quality is very good. I was only sharing my find because my search on the forum led me to a bunch of unsure answers. If anyone has any more info on these companies I would greatly appreciate it.

THE: United States of America, Juhryzee shauw

Re: TWI Watches (Akribos, Joshua & Sons)

You probably know as much as anyone. I bought an Akribos over a year ago but did not like the fact that they gave no info regarding their location, history or really anything about them in their manuals. NO MAS!

Re: TWI Watches (Akribos, Joshua & Sons)

I would guess that more times than not, if they fail to put the location on the watch - it is on purpose because they don't want to advertise the place...

My co-worker came in with a Hugo Boss today... no mention of where the case or movement was made or put together - anywhere!

Thread Information