Two blue handed GS’s

Thread: Two blue handed GS’s

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two blue handed GS’s

I had originally written this long paragraph explaining my past dilemma with choosing between the two but I think I’ll just keep it simple and ask:

What do you guys think of the SBGR037 (Pictured left) compared to the SBGH001 (right)?
    37mm and 39.5mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Two blue handed GS’s

SBGR037 for me

i prefer the 37mm on this style of watches, also i think the dial is more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Th!nkEr View Post
    SBGR037 for me

i prefer the 37mm on this style of watches, also i think the dial is more interesting
    Yea I did like the dial too then - I think now definitely prefer the other. I also liked the fully blue hands then too. Now, also the other. I think ultimately I liked the case shape, lugs, and movement of the hi beat. And the additional text with the blue “HI-BEAT 36000”. I don’t know why but I do like a lot of text on the dial.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The dial and handset on the left is my preference, of course wrist size might come into play so I would want to try it on I will pm you with my shipping address..... Lol!

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Two blue handed GS’s

Just to clarify I got this photo off the web. I don’t own the SBGR037 although I’ve had the opportunity to purchase it a couple of times. Super hard to find if you want one.

i'm pretty sure the Hi-beat is larger in size than the 39.5mm you have listed. I was considering purchasing one and i remember the diameter in the 40.2mm range.

I have never seen the SBGR in person but the SBGH is gorgeous. The subtle sunburst dial and the way the light reflects off the polished hands is something you have to see to appreciate. I think if you like the extra sparkle on your watches I'd take the SBGH, if not, then the SBGR, but again, i've never seen the SBGR in person. They'll both look relatively understated, but the lack of sunburst, all blued hands, and smaller size is going to make the SBGR a lot more "toned down" in my opinion.
    Last edited by Silent; November 13th, 2017 at 22:57.
    • Seiko SARX033
    • Oris Aquis
    • Rolex Daytona 116500
    • Rolex Submariner 116610LN

Two blue handed GS’s

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    i'm pretty sure the Hi-beat is larger in size than the 39.5mm you have listed. I was considering purchasing one and i remember the diameter in the 40.2mm range.

I have never seen the SBGR in person but the SBGH is gorgeous. The subtle sunburst dial and the way the light reflects off the polished hands is something you have to see to appreciate. I think if you like the extra sparkle on your watches I'd take the SBGH, if not, then the SBGR, but again, i've never seen the SBGR in person. They'll both look relatively understated, but the lack of sunburst, all blued hands, and smaller size is going to make the SBGR a lot more "toned down" in my opinion.
    I own the SBGH001 and it is indeed very shiny! I used a standard ruler to measure from 9-3 and just from eyeballing, it seemed to fall slightly short of 40. Then again rulers aren’t ultra precision instruments so your measurement may be closer to accurate, depending.

What do you think about the “GS”-textured dial?

Quote Originally Posted by kalburnfall View Post
    I own the SBGH001 and it is indeed very shiny! I used a standard ruler to measure from 9-3 and just from eyeballing, it seemed to fall slightly short of 40. Then again rulers aren’t ultra precision instruments so your measurement may be closer to accurate, depending.

What do you think about the “GS”-textured dial?

Personally, I wouldn't buy it. It's too similar to the SBGH001, and the SBGH has better hands, a more interesting dial (yes i get it has GS written on it, but further than 6" away it's just gonna look like a matte white dial), and a faster beat rate. Not to mention these watches are nearly the same thickness even though the SBGH is 3mm bigger. Throw in the 19mm lug width and the fact this watch is already nearly 10 years old, and it has "flipped after some time" written all over it. Again, i can only speak for myself and it's just one man's opinion, but there are so may interesting and beautiful watches out there, I'd be looking at something else.
    Last edited by Silent; November 13th, 2017 at 23:31.
    • Seiko SARX033
    • Oris Aquis
    • Rolex Daytona 116500
    • Rolex Submariner 116610LN

Two blue handed GS’s

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't buy it. It's too similar to the SBGH001, and the SBGH has better hands, a more interesting dial (yes i get it has GS written on it, but further than 6" away it's just gonna look like a matte white dial), and a faster beat rate. Not to mention these watches are nearly the same thickness even though the SBGH is 3mm bigger. Throw in the 19mm lug width and the fact this watch is already nearly 10 years old, and it has "flipped after some time" written all over it. Again, i can only speak for myself and it's just one man's opinion, but there are so may interesting and beautiful watches out there, I'd be looking at something else.

Agreed. I think the textured dial (referring to the tiny, white, repeating “GSGSGSGS..,” background on the SBGR037) is very cool but I would want something more normal after a while like the dial of the hi beat.

Last edited by kalburnfall; November 13th, 2017 at 23:44.

I like the clean look of the SBGH001, and the size.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information