Two-tone watches (S/G): Like or dislike? - Page 7

View Poll Results: How do you like two-tone watches?

Voters
67. This poll is closed
  • Like it

26 38.81%
  • Dislike it

29 43.28%
  • No opinion

7 10.45%
  • Only like it on women

5 7.46%

Thread: Two-tone watches (S/G): Like or dislike?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Two-tone watches (S/G): Like or dislike?

Quote Originally Posted by tfar View Post
    I hope my sincere answer can help defuse any hard feelings if there were any to begin with.

Cheers,

Till
    My suggestion would be just to offer an apology instead of a long answer justifying your previous response which a poster found offensive.
    Lots of dive watches.

Banned

I did. Post #61. Last line.

It is always good to know the reasons behind a statement or a type of posting to prevent further misunderstandings, no? That's why post #64 was important.

Till

Quote Originally Posted by tfar View Post
    I did. Post #61. Last line.

It is always good to know the reasons behind a statement or a type of posting to prevent further misunderstandings, no? That's why post #64 was important.

Till
    Obviously I meant an apology to ljb regarding the two tone GMT, not to the "atrocious" comment you made regarding the two tone sub. You know this and I know this, and it is waste of space and bandwidth here to post or read your tired explanations when all the fellow asked for was some courtesy and a well intentioned apology. If you are not capable of this, then think carefully about whether you are actually contributing here, or just using up electrons.

So no, post #64 was not important because you neither offered an apology nor did you explain yourself in a way which is respectful to the poster who so eloquently asked (in much fewer words) for a common courtesy.
    Lots of dive watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Hm. I might have very well misunderstood ljb. I took his post as saying that he doesn't have said watch but was possibly thinking of getting a GMTIIc in two-tone. That he liked it. I understood his post as trying to calm my forward manner, not as asking for an apology. ljb and I have a very friendly history together. I have weighed in on previous matters of taste with him and we agreed. So I didn't think he was offended and wanted an apology. I think he was making fun of me in a friendly manner, which is totally OK. My own reading comprehension as a non-native speaker might have been at fault. I actually PM'ed him to tell him that I responded to his post.

ljb, if you wanted an apology because I offended you, please say so. I really didn't get that from your post.

Till

EDIT: Pm'ed ljb again to clarify if I misunderstood his post.
    Last edited by tfar; September 13th, 2010 at 09:57.

Quote Originally Posted by sl7vk View Post
    huge thumbs down to gold in general on a watch. In any capacity.
    +1

Thanks for the replies guys (and girl , didn`t realize there were any women here). My question leads directly into the next one.

Just how durable is the gold on watches? I mean will it wear off? Because if it does (especially on a two-tone watch) that would look awful. I have a black-coloured titanium watch, and know that it looks pretty ugly at the places it has scratches and the gray(steel) pops out. I`m thinking of taking it for a paint job

Banned

Well, thick plating will be wearing quite well for 20+ years. With massive gold obviously there won't be any problems. Even there it can change color slightly but nothing that can't be cleaned or polished. And plated watches can be re-plated. Just like you PVD coated watch can be re-coated.

It is probably cheaper to buy a well plated watch and get it re-plated in 20 years than to buy a massive gold watch.

Something like the Invicta above will probably not last very long. I don't even know if it's a real gold plating. The watch cost less than $100, IIRC.

If you choose the right brand, like the one in post #61, you can get a beautiful 18k gold watch for $2000. I think that's a really nice investment.

Till

Quote Originally Posted by PiPPoI View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys (and girl , didn`t realize there were any women here).
    There are. We've a few others running around too. We've even infiltrated the mod team.

Jeannie
    Last edited by GinGinD; September 13th, 2010 at 16:38.

I think this one has run its course. If you can't offer your opinion in a way that is respectful of others' choices, then don't offer it.

Jeannie

I agree with Jeannie's action, and further to it I have deleted a bunch of posts that were downright nasty. We have a Rule here about treating each other with respect. If you can't see fit to do that, don't post in this forum.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread Information