Two watches with ETA 2836-2, two watches with crown issues. Any advice?

Thread: Two watches with ETA 2836-2, two watches with crown issues. Any advice?

Question Two watches with ETA 2836-2, two watches with crown issues. Any advice?

I've got a Fortis and an Android that each are powered by an ETA 2836-2 movement. I think the Fortis is a better grade than the Android (at least I hope so based on the price difference), but essentially the same watch movements. On both of them, the crowns seem to have similar issues in that the crown can change the dates without the crown being pulled out. The Android has a screw down crown, but the Fortis doesn't. So on the Fortis, the day and date will often appear to have changed on their own. Manually wind the watch no longer works and it just changes the date when I try. The Android will do the same but it also gets caught up on the screws for the screw down crown.

Luckily, both of them keep good time, and as long as I keep them in the watch winder (or wear them) to keep the going, I'm fine. But I sure would like to find an easy fix for it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Two watches with ETA 2836-2, two watches with crown issues. Any advice?

Did you handwind them allot?
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Re: Two watches with ETA 2836-2, two watches with crown issues. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    Did you handwind them allot?
    I don't think so, though I don't know what would qualify as a lot. For the most part, they were worn in a rotation with about 5 other watches. They would usually be dead when I put them on, and I would get them started with movement. I just got a watch winder for Christmas, so since then, they've been on the winder if I don't wear them. The Android has been acting like this for months, but the Fortis just started.
    Last edited by fungo45; January 10th, 2014 at 23:34. Reason: spelling

Thread Information